Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] NFC issue

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Any suggestions from the good people of NSC? Phone season ticket just won't work (the code does so it's not the end of the world). Tried it against Man City, Getafe and again today but the NFC won't work. Its a relatively modern Android phone and clearly the NFC thingy works on it because I can use the phone to pay for stuff in shops using contactless but when I tap it at the Albion nothing happens. There's no case on the phone blocking any signal so I'm out of ideas - any thoughts?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] suggested that Android phones need to be held under the sensor, as if presenting a bar code to be scanned, whilst iPhones need to be held above the sensor.

I have no idea if this is the case or not, but...

- The bloke in front of me tried his phone above the sensor and nothing happened. He moved it underneath and he was let in.
- I put my iPhone above the sensor and it was detected immediately.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I held my android above the sensor and worked fine.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
An iphone issue, their scanner didn’t pick up my ticket in Apple Wallet above or under, despite the best efforts of the steward.

So he clicked on the “…” top right of my ticket to reveal the QR code and that worked first time under the scanner.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] suggested that Android phones need to be held under the sensor, as if presenting a bar code to be scanned, whilst iPhones need to be held above the sensor.

I have no idea if this is the case or not, but...

- The bloke in front of me tried his phone above the sensor and nothing happened. He moved it underneath and he was let in.
- I put my iPhone above the sensor and it was detected immediately.

Thanks. If you press "show code" then you can indeed scan the bar code underneath but as far as I know, even with an Android phone, it should just be a case of tap and go on the top sensor. It just bugs me.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I down loaded my season ticket and switched my default back to Samsung pay so Google pay isn't my default, it then shows the QR code which I scanned where is used to scan my season ticket card rather than through NFC

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Incidentally I have two season tickets on my phone, just had a look and one shows Everton now but the other is still watford

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I had both mine and my daughters tickets on my iPhone. Just wouldn’t detect hers via NFC so had to scan the QR code. Switched to my ticket and got in via the NFC reader on top of turnstiles without a problem.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
An iphone issue, their scanner didn’t pick up my ticket in Apple Wallet above or under, despite the best efforts of the steward.

So he clicked on the “…” top right of my ticket to reveal the QR code and that worked first time under the scanner.

This happened to me, possibly because my phone is in a leather wallet type thing, what do I know, or care.
10 secs worth of fret..

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This happened to me, possibly because my phone is in a leather wallet type thing, what do I know, or care.
10 secs worth of fret..

Digressing, I genuinely felt excited to be back there, teething issues weren’t going to spoil it.

Pre-Pandemic with the poor home results and the whole effort of going, I was indifferent about Amex visits.

The 18 month sabbatical gave me back my going to games mojo.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can’t answer the OP question, sorry, but was stood just inside barriers waiting for someone and would say the vast majority of people had no problem at all with mobile tickets. Maybe 1 in 20 had some sort of issue but probably less than that even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My alternative stadium entry ( season ticket card ) worked well after I worked out which scanner to use, the steward on the turnstiles didn’t know.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I put my phone on, above, around, underneath and just didn't seem to work? Was just about to seek help as was holding up queue, when all of a sudden it seemed to work!! ? Worried about Everton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here