Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Game Management

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Anyone else think that it looked like we have altered our game management plan? Seemed more 'pragmatic' than normal.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think we were just pretty tired towards the end to be honest, and the lack of focal point up front in the 2nd half meant we were content to try and keep the ball/play low risk football when we could.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think we were just pretty tired towards the end to be honest, and the lack of focal point up front in the 2nd half meant we were content to try and keep the ball/play low risk football when we could.

Yeh, I don't think we're quite there fitness wise yet (not a criticism).

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given the amount of forwards Watford had on the pitch in the later stages we were never going to push too many forward.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I thought we managed the game very well second, fluidly changing from 3 to a 4 to 5 at the back as required. Gave up very few clear chances, could/should have scored a 3rd. Always carried a threat despite dropping deeper. I didn’t feel that nervous got to be honest, just felt like we had this one under control. Very solid performance on many levels.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought we managed the game very well second, fluidly changing from 3 to a 4 to 5 at the back as required. Gave up very few clear chances, could/should have scored a 3rd. Always carried a threat despite dropping deeper. I didn’t feel that nervous got to be honest, just felt like we had this one under control. Very solid performance on many levels.

This is my thinking as well. To be fair, Watford pushed and tried different formations and personal but we dealt with all this adequately. Very professional performance.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We were all over them first half, and conserved our energy and saw things out second half. Totally professional performance. Much easier to do when you go two up, but we managed it because -- unlike Watford -- we played with intensity and managed our press effectively first half.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It’s nice to leave a home game with my fingernails pretty much intact.

In fact, it’s just nice to watch a home game.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

This with cow bells on.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Some good yellow cards which been missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something I've been saying for years, today we did exactly what the top side do stop attacks before they get dangerous

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Genuinely the least nervous I’ve been in the last 20 of a game we were winning. 3-0 was more likely than 2-2. Brilliant from Potter and the boys.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My son said exactly the same, to which I added the Albion 3-0 Spuds game.

EPL rarities for us, feeling comfortable mid match.

I missed that one, I was on a golf trip……….playing with a lifelong Spuds fan and getting texts from junior every few minutes that I was of course passing on at opportune moments :) RUINED his round

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My son said exactly the same, to which I added the Albion 3-0 Spuds game.

EPL rarities for us, feeling comfortable mid match.

Agree really surprised how tame Watford are, they will be bullied by a lot of teams especially the big ones but also ones like Burnley and Leeds

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Sanchez “managed” at least 3-4 minutes for that second half on his own :)

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I missed that one, I was on a golf trip……….playing with a lifelong Spuds fan and getting texts from junior every few minutes that I was of course passing on at opportune moments :) RUINED his round

Possibly my greatest ever Albion game, sorry :lolol:

Don’t like the club, plus we outclassed the CL finalists from start to finish, it was astonishing.

Sissoko and Ndombele resorted to trying to hurt our players with thuggery …. sore loser syndrome :cry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If I were a Watford fan I would be very worried about the defence, shocking and gave the ball away far too often

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here