Dunk 8 -- that chested back pass :bowdown:
Gross 7 -- I made it two Pascal Pirouettes, and Another Assist for Gross
Bissouma 8 -- bossed it again
Lallana 7 -- dictated the game
March 7 -- solid Solly
Mac Allister 7 -- inventive again, shame his dink didn't go in
Trossard 7 -- inventive too, found good pockets of space
Maupay 8 -- good hold up play, some nice touches, and a composed finish

Connolly 6 -- good running, did well to get his shot away first time, and it wasn't far away
Mwepu 7 -- encouraging cameo
Moder 7

First half we were excellent, second half we just did the job. Watford were pedestrian, but at least we punished their passivity.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Sanchez 6 --
Webster 8 -
Duffy 8 --
Dunk 8 --
Gross 6 --
Bissouma 8 --
Lallana 7 --
March 7 --
Mac Allister 6-
Trossard 7 -
Maupay 8 --

Connolly 6 --
Mwepu 6
Moder 6

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
From watching on TV so only what was shown on screen:

Sanchez - can’t rate really as he only faced one shot (all that I can remember) but he does look extremely shaky at set-pieces (same as Burnley) and a couple of poor distributions

Gross - 7 - much better playing on the right hand side, another assist and countless Gross-turns
Webster - 8 - brilliant at the back, won majority of duals, driving forwards and always looking for a positive pass and distribution
Duffy - 8 - great to see him back in the centre, looks like his confidence has returned after a difficult 12 months
Dunk - 7 - standard Dunk job and performance
March - 8 - as with Gross, much better playing on the left hand side. Did well against the threat of Sarr

Bissouma - 9 - immense as always
Lallana - 6 - barely mentioned on tv, from the pictures didn’t look like he did much today
Trossard - 6 - same as Lallana, was fairly quiet last week at Burnley and barring the first 15 seconds today, was barely mentioned on the commentary
MacAllister - 7 - should have scored, think he works better when coming off the bench

Maupay - 8 - chasing down, good finish, may be out for a while with his shoulder injury but think if he would have stayed on he could have scored more

Connolly - 6 - hard for him with his height, going up against the tall Watford defenders. Made good runs but really needs to be scoring those guilt edge chances
Mwepu - 7 - came on, did a job. Think he’ll start next week
Moder - 7 - same as Mwepu

Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Sanchez 6 - Clean sheet, didn't have much to do. Distribution wasn't great.
Webster 8 - made a couple of quality challenges.
Duffy 8 - great header. Good to have him back.
Dunk 8 - that chest back to Sanchez was sublime.
Gross 7 - made plenty of space for himself, solid performance as always. And a couple of Größ turns for good measure.
Bissouma 9 - my motm. An absolute beast all game.
Lallana 8 - we lost our creativity when he went off and started to sit too deep. We simply play better when he's playing.
March 7 - decent game, but needs to learn to pull the trigger.
Mac Allister 5 - very average.
Trossard 7 - looked hungry, surprised he went off.
Maupay 8 - was all over the place, one of his better games. Great finish, looks confident.

Connolly 5 - same shit, different day. Not good enough.
Mwepu 6 - lucky to only get a yellow for a stupid challenge, likes getting forward. He's going to be good.
Moder 6 - I love this guy. Makes it look effortless.

Potter 8 - spot on selection, totally cancelled out Watford from the get go.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sanchez 7

Webster 9
Duffy 9 - faultless and that all important opener.
Dunk 7 - I thought he was shaky in the second half, losing duals with their battering ram subs.
March 8

Bissouma 10 MOTM - ran the qame defensively and creatively, the boss, he toyed with his inferior opponents.
Lallana 8.5 - quietly …. always in the right place and initiating waves of Brighton attacks.
Trossard 7
Mac Allister 7
Gross 9

Maupay 8.5 - sorely missed

Connolly 3 - an EPL Mackail-Smith, he had 45 minutes with a brilliant midfield behind him to make Watford suffer. Yet flopped.

Moder & Mwepu too little time to show their all in a period when a desperate Watford had the ball.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Sanchez - 6
Webster - 9 - one of the best CB performances I’ve seen and that includes Dunk who is excellent
Duffy - 8
Dunk - 8
March - 9
Bissouma - 8
Lallana - 7
MacAllister - 7 - great movement
Gross - 7
Trossard - 6 - started to play at 30 mins.
Maupay - 8

Connolly - 5 - sadly not quite at it
Mwepu - 5 - early days
Moder - n/a

Potter - 9

Ref - 5

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sanchez 7 Clean sheet but down one for poor distribution
Webster 8 All worried about there attacking play but didnt get a look in
Duffy 8 As above
Dunk 8 As above
Gross 6 Not a wide player
March 8 Am usually critical of his poor attacking play but not needed today. Given a job today on Sarr and did it very well
Bissouma 8 Very good
Lalana 7 Did so much well
MCCallister 6 fair perhaps should have got in box more
Trossard 7 Still the player to make something happen
Maupay 8 Good game very hard to mark
Connolly 2 Sorry but he is rubbish and should be no where near first team. . Something wrong if 2 games in he is our no2 striker.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sanchez 6 Has looked uncharacteristically vulnerable this season. It hasn’t cost us though and I’m sure normal service will be resumed.

Gross 7. He’s filling a gap and gives his all and is very good at times, but very much a makeshift defender compared to Lamptey

Duffy 8. What a story. Has long been Brighton’s most underrated player. More
than just a scrapper for Burnley away-type games.

Dunk 7. I like to think he’s buzzing about Shane being back

Webster 8. Generally dominant and classy although I noticed he got caught for pace in first half which was unexpected.

March 9. Outstanding today. He’s Improved a lot and offers so much more now.

Bissouma 9 . I think at times he gets overpraised. He deserves the plaudits Today though. He was formidable, especially in the first Half. Too good for Watford. Can’t believe we still have him tbh.

Trossard 6 . One of his low key games

Macallister 6. Bang average today

Lallana. 7. Not his most influential performance but he’s such a reassuring presence

Maupay 8 . Proper premier league centre forward display .

Subs Connolly 5. We talk about off the field issues but the biggest issue is on it. He’s not up to this standard atm. Maybe he should speak to Shane about becoming a better professional.

Mwepu and moder - 6. Fine.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Sanchez - 6
Webster - 9 MoTM
Duffy - 7.5
Dunk - 8
March - 7.5
Bissouma - 8.5
Lallana - 7
MacAllister - 7
Gross - 7
Trossard - 6
Maupay - 7.5

Connolly - 3 (IMO not good enough, although I assume Potter thinks otherwise as he keeps getting chances, hopefully I'm wrong and Potter is right)
Mwepu - 5
Moder - 5

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sanchez - 6 - I think he's struggling with the communication in the nosy stadia. He'll have to learn it fast because he's got DCL and Toney in the next two games who'll both challenge him in the air

Webster - 10 - That was utter quality. I have no hesitation in giving my first 10 of the season. His range of passing was superb and some immaculate tackling
Duffy - 8 - Great to see him disprove the lazy caricature that he's a lower league clogger. Seeing him in the air is a thing of beauty
Dunk - 7 - Did well, but was our third best CB today
March - 7 - Very disciplined display, saw very little of him attacking, but he gave nothing away. The performance of an old fashioned full back

Gross - 8 - How do they still not know what he's about to do? Also some lovely cross field passes
Bissouma - 9 - His tackling defies the laws of physics. It's like watching the matrix
Lallana - 7 - Wonderful player. Subtle performance today, but kept things ticking over nicely
MacAllister - 7 - Links play tidily. A little more end product needed today. One of the many guilty of looking for one too many passes
Trossard - 6 - Some nice touches, but didn't affect the game as much as he can and looked a touch slower than usual

Maupay - 8 - Some lovely hold up play and took his goal brilliantly. Has gone from national byword for crap finisher, to genuine PL threat. Maybe he just needed the fans back

Connolly - 5 - Unable to get us up the pitch. Missed a sharp chance. Looks a real threat with his running in behind though
Mwepu - 5 - Not up to the pace yet
Moder - 6 - Looks a starter to me. Effortless player

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Sanchez - can’t rate really as he only faced one shot (all that I can remember) but he does look extremely shaky at set-pieces (same as Burnley) and a couple of poor distributions

Gross - 7 - much better playing on the right hand side, another assist and countless Gross-turns
Webster - 8 - brilliant at the back, won majority of duals, driving forwards and always looking for a positive pass and distribution
Duffy - 8 - great to see him back in the centre, looks like his confidence has returned after a difficult 12 months
March - 8 - as with Gross, much better playing on the left hand side. Did well against the threat of Sarr

Lallana - 6 - barely mentioned on tv, from the pictures didn’t look like he did much today
Trossard - 6 - same as Lallana, was fairly quiet last week at Burnley and barring the first 15 seconds today, was barely mentioned on the commentary
MacAllister - 7 - should have scored, think he works better when coming off the bench

Maupay - 8 - chasing down, good finish, may be out for a while with his shoulder injury but think if he would have stayed on he could have scored more

Connolly - 6 - hard for him with his height, going up against the tall Watford defenders. Made good runs but really needs to be scoring those guilt edge chances

Lallana - from the NS I kept watching him with and without the ball. He was superb, in essence mopping up loose balls in front of our back 4, providing cover every time they tried to overload our right, tackling, and initiating half our forays forward in that great first half. His experience and footballing intelligence shines through, he kept the rhythm of our play ticking along.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sanchez 5.5 - weirdly nervous, I thought
Webster 7.5
Duffy 8
Dunk 7.5
Gross 7
Bissouma 8
Lallana 7
March 7
Mac Allister 7
Trossard
Maupay 8

Connolly 5.5 - confidence looks shot
Mwepu 6
Moder 6

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Sanchez - 6 - I think he's struggling with the communication in the nosy stadia. He'll have to learn it fast because he's got DCL and Toney in the next two games who'll both challenge him in the air

Webster - 10 - That was utter quality. I have no hesitation in giving my first 10 of the season. His range of passing was superb and some immaculate tackling
Duffy - 8 - Great to see him disprove the lazy caricature that he's a lower league clogger. Seeing him in the air is a thing of beauty
Dunk - 7 - Did well, but was our third best CB today
March - 7 - Very disciplined display, saw very little of him attacking, but he gave nothing away. The performance of an old fashioned full back

Gross - 8 - How do they still not know what he's about to do? Also some lovely cross field passes
Bissouma - 9 - His tackling defies the laws of physics. It's like watching the matrix
Lallana - 7 - Wonderful player. Subtle performance today, but kept things ticking over nicely
MacAllister - 7 - Links play tidily. A little more end product needed today. One of the many guilty of looking for one too many passes
Trossard - 6 - Some nice touches, but didn't affect the game as much as he can and looked a touch slower than usual

Maupay - 8 - Some lovely hold up play and took his goal brilliantly. Has gone from national byword for crap finisher, to genuine PL threat. Maybe he just needed the fans back

Connolly - 5 - Unable to get us up the pitch. Missed a sharp chance. Looks a real threat with his running in behind though
Mwepu - 5 - Not up to the pace yet
Moder - 6 - Looks a starter to me. Effortless player
I think this is what I saw. Webster and Biss both class.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

TV didn’t do justice to Lallana in that case……pretty much at the centre of anything good. Such a calm and influential player…..

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here