Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Focus - WTF

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Just watching football focus. What's happened to the chap who used to present it? It's not got Alex Scott presenting it and it's truly awful. Her voice inflection is all over the place meaning that most of what she says doesn't make sense. She can't read from an autocue either. I thought she was a (average) pundit, not a presenter.

She just did something about a photo of a boiler on the wall behind her, which I think was supposed to be a joke, but I replayed it several times and it still doesn't make sense.

Please tell me she's just a temporary stand in?

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm fairly confident you are fishing, but why not on this occasion. I can't listen to her and I believe she is permanent on Football Focus with Question of Sport to follow.

I won't be watching either again sadly.:down:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just watching football focus. What's happened to the chap who used to present it? It's not got Alec Scott presenting it and it's truly awful. Her voice inflection is all over the place meaning that most of what she says doesn't make sense. She can't read from an autocue either. I thought she was a (average) pundit, not a presenter.

She just did something about a photo of a boiler on the wall behind her, which I think was supposed to be a joke, but I replayed it several times and it still doesn't make sense.

It's all part of a Marxist-Leninist plot. Watch out the Woke Police are coming!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have to admit I had to do a serious double take at 11:30 when the trailer came on. "Join me Ashley Williams and Martin Keown...". Literally had to rewind on iplayer to realise that Ashley Williams wasn't some random woman footballer I'd never heard of that looked a bit like Alex Scott and who had Martin Keown on as a guest

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just watching football focus. What's happened to the chap who used to present it? It's not got Alec Scott presenting it and it's truly awful. Her voice inflection is all over the place meaning that most of what she says doesn't make sense. She can't read from an autocue either. I thought she was a (average) pundit, not a presenter.

Nice to see you've got your finger on the pulse!!!!

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I'm fairly confident you are fishing, but why not on this occasion. I can't listen to her and I believe she is permanent on Football Focus with Question of Sport to follow.

I won't be watching either again sadly.:down:

I'm not sure what part you think is fishing.

I'm just sat here having an "is it just me or..." so I thought I'd see what NSC thought.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Warming up nice and early for the match day thread I see.
Hoping that you will disappear again after we score and playing well.
But I do feel bad giving you the attention that you so obviously crave after, I really must learn not to get dragged in again as you really are a total waste of oxygen.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
My god it's getting worse now, she's just tried to say preliminarily and said something completely random instead. She can't get a sentance out without tripping over her words. It's a shame this as she was okay as a pundit.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Fortunately I haven't watched Football Focus since the days of Bob Wilson, but good to hear that it's still best avoided.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is a well known fact that women and black people are completely unintelligible to the ears of some white men.

I remember the fuss when Trevor McDonald go the news reading gig. There was a tide of complaints about the way he emphasized his words - like listening to the news 'in reggae'.

If find this fascinating. Medically speaking.

:shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sir John Harvey-Jones will be very displeased about this presenting

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

1/10 :fishing:

PS Her name is Alex, not Alec.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here