Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket Exchange

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It really isn’t complex. In fact it’s far more convenient being able to simply forward an email containing a print-at-home ticket rather than having to arrange supply and return of a season ticket card!

This depends on circumstances. It’s not complex if you’re planning to miss several games a season and have someone in mind. However, for those who try to get to every game but sometimes can’t make it, it doesn’t work. 2-3 times a season I might have taken a mate along if my wife had to work (or vice-versa) or lent tickets to trusted friends/families without seeking any money off them. It was a nice way of introducing people who may not previously have been interested to football or the Albion specifically, and they spent money in the bars and food outlets. Some got hooked. Whether all of them would have been bothered initially at £25 each, I doubt it.

As it happens, I do have relatives (one a fan and his partner, who’s not) who would have loved to go this weekend and I think would have coughed up £25 each. But when I looked up Albion+ membership for them it says it takes 14 days to process, so that scuppered that. And will I be paying extra to make my own ticket transferable in future when my first intention always is to use it myself? No.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
When I renewed my son’s under 21 season ticket I thought he would be able to get to 9 or 10 games, unfortunately he will only get to 6 ( unless he comes back for a weekend). I accept that I will lose money that is the risk I took. I had to decide before I knew the term dates.

I was hoping to keep the season ticket whilst he was at uni but it is not going to be viable, I am sure some holier than thought supporters will be saying I am keeping the ticket from another supporter, but I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years only missing a handful of games, my son has had a season ticket since he was 8.

Hopefully I will be able to sell 7 back via the ticket exchange system. I was hoping to have friends/my partner for the other games but it is not going to be viable ( unless I pursued my other half , unlikely that she would attend regularly). In the past on the few occasions my son has not been able to attend I have taken friends, and done it properly paying the upgrades. In the old system the seat would have been occupied every game, with the club getting the upgrade income.

To transfer to a friend or my partner, they have to pay £20 fee + £25 Albion + and the upgrade fee £30 ish, for a seat that I have already paid for. If you can find someone to take the ticket for 5 games it is fine but it doesn’t work for a couple of games.

As I have already said it is a risk I took, not the end of the world as I have had a season and a half not paying for my season ticket. It will lead to a lot more empty seats and fewer season ticket renewals, I am sure the club has done the maths and will be making more money out of the new scheme.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This depends on circumstances. It’s not complex if you’re planning to miss several games a season and have someone in mind. However, for those who try to get to every game but sometimes can’t make it, it doesn’t work. 2-3 times a season I might have taken a mate along if my wife had to work (or vice-versa) or lent tickets to trusted friends/families without seeking any money off them. It was a nice way of introducing people who may not previously have been interested to football or the Albion specifically, and they spent money in the bars and food outlets. Some got hooked. Whether all of them would have been bothered initially at £25 each, I doubt it.

As it happens, I do have relatives (one a fan and his partner, who’s not) who would have loved to go this weekend and I think would have coughed up £25 each. But when I looked up Albion+ membership for them it says it takes 14 days to process, so that scuppered that. And will I be paying extra to make my own ticket transferable in future when my first intention always is to use it myself? No.

Probably a bit late now, but Albion+ membership is instant. It’s the membership packs and free goodies that they send in the post that take 14 days.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Probably a bit late now, but Albion+ membership is instant. It’s the membership packs and free goodies that they send in the post that take 14 days.

Thanks for the info. This is what it says on the website which was enough to decide it wasn’t worth the bother. Not specifically about ticket exchange but’ as soon as I saw ‘14 day activation period’ I gave up.

For new members, there is a 14-day activation period, so if you want to take advantage of any priority ticket on-sale dates for MyAlbion+ members you need to have joined 14 days previously to that on-sale date.

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
Thanks for the info. This is what it says on the website which was enough to decide it wasn’t worth the bother. Not specifically about ticket exchange but’ as soon as I saw ‘14 day activation period’ I gave up.

For new members, there is a 14-day activation period, so if you want to take advantage of any priority ticket on-sale dates for MyAlbion+ members you need to have joined 14 days previously to that on-sale date.

Frankly in this day and age absurd and ironic given the level of mobile integration!

The club need to get a hold of this and stop making it inaccessible for new people to come. We need younger fans to come to games and all this bureaucracy is only going to deter people from attending the occasional match and continue streaming.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Frankly in this day and age absurd and ironic given the level of mobile integration!

The club need to get a hold of this and stop making it inaccessible for new people to come. We need younger fans to come to games and all this bureaucracy is only going to deter people from attending the occasional match and continue streaming.

Isn’t the 14 day wait intended to stop away fans buying home seats?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Think you need to re read. It doesn’t take 14 days to activate for the ST share; it’s only 14 days to benefit from priority sales, which is sensible.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Think you need to re read. It doesn’t take 14 days to activate for the ST share; it’s only 14 days to benefit from priority sales, which is sensible.

It states there is a 14 day activation period, then talks about the priority tickets as an example. It's ambiguous at best. My reading of that is that there is a 14 day activation period, plain and simple.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Always makes me laugh the lengths some people will go to defend the club whatever the circumstances. They do get most things right but not this time.

The reality is that today people will vote with their feet or more accurately pockets. There will be rows of empty seats in what should be a packed out stadium because its too expensive / complex to transfer tickets and there will be fewer casual supporters who could turn into full time supporters as a consequence. Clubs loss. Nobody gains.

Easy way to dismiss an argument with which you disagree. I was slated last week for criticizing the club over lack of ID checks. This week I am supporting them over ticket transfer.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
COVID good enough for you?

I don’t know one person who said they wouldn’t/can’t go because of covid, although a couple on here have given that reason. I know lots of people who booked their holidays after the fixtures were released so were missing today.

Regardless, other than the really big matches there always seems to be 7-10% no shows. I just don’t get it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don’t know one person who said they wouldn’t/can’t go because of covid, although a couple on here have given that reason. I know lots of people who booked their holidays after the fixtures were released so were missing today.

Regardless, other than the really big matches there always seems to be 7-10% no shows. I just don’t get it.

Lots of long distance season ticket holders ? It’s not the old days where people mainly lived near the ground.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

You do realise that to some people football is not the number 1 priority in life?

Some people have families/work or live a long way off so, even though I have not missed an evening game at the AMEX ( home at 1am work at 6 am) if we have any evening games this season I will think carefully about the opposition before I decide whether its worth a 240 mile round trip...and as some people know night time is when the Highways agency like to close roads making a journey even worse.

I can understand why people dont attend matches there are many many reasons, unlike yourself the uber super never miss a game fan.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You do realise that to some people football is not the number 1 priority in life?

Some people have families/work or live a long way off so, even though I have not missed an evening game at the AMEX ( home at 1am work at 6 am) if we have any evening games this season I will think carefully about the opposition before I decide whether its worth a 240 mile round trip...and as some people know night time is when the Highways agency like to close roads making a journey even worse.

I can understand why people dont attend matches there are many many reasons, unlike yourself the uber super never miss a game fan.

I don’t know why you are taking my posts so personally, or why you think I am a far better fan than you. My consistent point is that the club should not be expected to make allowances for fans that can’t attend matches.
Enjoy your other hobbies 😀

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I don’t know why you are taking my posts so personally, or why you think I am a far better fan than you. My consistent point is that the club should not be expected to make allowances for fans that can’t attend matches.
Enjoy your other hobbies 😀

I think you are missing the point s !!!
Well made by others previously
That in the long run it may prove detrimental to the club s finances
If not immediately apparent!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think you are missing the point s !!!
Well made by others previously
That in the long run it may prove detrimental to the club s finances
If not immediately apparent!

Perhaps you could enlighten me with some long term projections.

Jam today!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here