Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket Exchange

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Is it open?

I listed mine over a week ago and when checking have never seen them on sale...

just a few single ones dotted around.....surely the club dont wait until every single seat is sold before opening exchange? ( exchange virgin here only missed a couple before )

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's a load of seats in E1H (245), E1I (84), E3G (53), S1G (95) and W1A (274).

Unfortunately any tickets put into the exchange won't be listed and sold for today's game.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Crazy, isn’t it. I’d wager that virtually every season ticket listed would be more likely to sell than the ones currently available. Why are the club so stubborn on this? Surely they can see the benefit of more people in the stadium even if they don’t make anything out of the resale (which I’m sure they would, as there’s absolutely no admin cost but they still have a differential between what they get in and what is passed back to the ST holder).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don’t see it as crazy. Why would the club want to sell a ticket for someone else instead of one of their own?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With there being a large number of season tickets available for sale currently, this means there will be more match-by-match single tickets available for sale too.

I'm guessing an implication of this is limited chance of the ticket exchange being activated for anything other than the "glamour" games.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I don’t see it as crazy. Why would the club want to sell a ticket for someone else instead of one of their own?
They'd make the same profit on it as their own seeing as they refund the STH pro-rata amount and sell it at full price. Means they'd actually be making more money than they had before as obviously the full price is more than the season ticket price.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Still about 1000 tickets unsold today. Curious to know how many exchange tickets were waiting to be sold too.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003

I would have thought bums on seats would be as important as that puts more through the shops tills and on the concourse, Im only thinking about my tickets of course but prime seats are more likely to sell than individual seats dotted around or in stands that no one seems to want to buy?

The club must have some kind of algorithm that tells them how fast their own tickets are selling and if people are looking and not buying ( they will know each time the website is opened) ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They'd make the same profit on it as their own seeing as they refund the STH pro-rata amount and sell it at full price. Means they'd actually be making more money than they had before as obviously the full price is more than the season ticket price.

So they make less profit then!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Your explanation is only valid if the “new” ticket buyer will only buy an exchange ticket. Surely the club does better if they sell two tickets rather than one

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So they make less profit then!

Explain please? If they sold it for £25 to a STH, refund then STH and then sell it for £45 that's £20 more than they had previously. How do they make less profit?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Your explanation is only valid if the “new” ticket buyer will only buy an exchange ticket. Surely the club does better if they sell two tickets rather than one

Yes that's the flaw in my explanation; assuming the club want to help out the STH that can't go.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Explain please? If they sold it for £25 to a STH, refund then STH and then sell it for £45 that's £20 more than they had previously. How do they make less profit?
I suppose theoretically the fan who purchased the season ticket seat creating a profit of £ 20 for the club may.....may have purchased a seat on sale for £45 therefore making 35 quid more than the ST seat.:eek:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I’m talking about them selling one of the 900+ tickets they have left on general sale. They’d rather sell them, or most of them, at full profit before they start selling STH returns at lower profit.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I am not there today and have put my pair on the exchange in the north.

Am I right that the club would look to sell all of the non season ticket seats in say the east and south before offering mine for general sale in the north?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003

Am I right that the club would look to sell all of the non season ticket seats in say the east and south before offering mine for general sale in the north?

As far as I know....thats why I asked in the OP....lots individual seats ( but not our 2)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Yes - they’ll look to sell the vast, vast majority of their unsold seats (East, West, North and South) before opening up any exchange seats regardless of where they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here