Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where are you ALLOWED to park near the amex

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Always use public transport for games so do not know the answer but where is the closest you are allowed to park to Amex, happy to walk 30-45 mins or whatever but I know coldean for example has restrictions on match days.

Any help please?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
the back of Hollingdean might be do-able, then cut through Moulsecoomb station

if you're fit and healthy 45 mins should be fine

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd imagine if you headed up into Coldean away from the shops, your chances of being ticketed must be pretty slim.

That said, I guess if council enforcement types were going to be out in force, today is the day. Likely to be rich pickings.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Park in Hollingbury somewhere near Asda (just not the Asda car park itself). You have the option to walk down Coldean Lane, although the walk back up after the game is a bit of a ball ache, you also have the option of the 24 bus from Asda which stops at the Hikers Rest and walk to the Stadium from there.

Think they’ve made the Coombe Road area parking permit only so that’s no longer an option, have parked there before when running late for games.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Always use public transport for games so do not know the answer but where is the closest you are allowed to park to Amex, happy to walk 30-45 mins or whatever but I know coldean for example has restrictions on match days.

Any help please?

Woodingdean is a 40min walk over the Downs. Nice footpath in place too.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'd imagine if you headed up into Coldean away from the shops, your chances of being ticketed must be pretty slim.

That said, I guess if council enforcement types were going to be out in force, today is the day. Likely to be rich pickings.

Aren't there gangsters who will do you if you park outside their mum's house or somesuch?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Used to always be cars parked on the north side of London Road station. Fans used to get off the train, hop over the bridge, get into car just along the road and drive off. Not sure if the council's remorseless regime of parking zone expansion has put paid to that yet. Maybe google the council's parking zone map?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Park in Hollingbury somewhere near Asda (just not the Asda car park itself). You have the option to walk down Coldean Lane, although the walk back up after the game is a bit of a ball ache, you also have the option of the 24 bus from Asda which stops at the Hikers Rest and walk to the Stadium from there.

Think they’ve made the Coombe Road area parking permit only so that’s no longer an option, have parked there before when running late for games.

Cheers, any suggestions of where near Asda? Sounds like a plan

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Used to always be cars parked on the north side of London Road station. Fans used to get off the train, hop over the bridge, get into car just along the road and drive off. Not sure if the council's remorseless regime of parking zone expansion has put paid to that yet. Maybe google the council's parking zone map?

Yeah permits now I think :(

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Cheers, any suggestions of where near Asda? Sounds like a plan

If you can get there early enough then on Crowhurst Road by the side of Asda, there is limited on street parking opposite the storage company etc. If not Carden Hill, Carden Ave or any of the side streets up that end.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Last time I went to that pub, I think there were half a dozen “visitor” spaces limited to 4 hours. That was a couple of years ago, mind, so it may have changed again.

It’s also a long walk from there if the plan was to avoid the train.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Can you not park in Moulsecomb?

Not that I’m aware of. When I go I park there as that’s where my parents live but they have to give me a ticket to display outside their house. The one benefit of growing up in Moulescoomb

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Last time I went to that pub, I think there were half a dozen “visitor” spaces limited to 4 hours. That was a couple of years ago, mind, so it may have changed again.

It’s also a long walk from there if the plan was to avoid the train.

Fair enough. Might be wrong, but don't think OP actually specifically stated plan was to avoid the train. Tho I guess that may be what they meant. Like I said, used to always be plenty of free parking in the big wide streets north of the pub

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Fair enough. Might be wrong, but don't think OP actually specifically stated plan was to avoid the train. Tho I guess that may be what they meant. Like I said, used to always be plenty of free parking in the big wide streets north of the pub

There was. I’m pretty sure it’s time limited pay and display now to make a football match a bit tight.

However, as it’s a late kick off, it might work today as the restrictions only apply until 8pm. It’s not free any more, though.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not that I’m aware of. When I go I park there as that’s where my parents live but they have to give me a ticket to display outside their house. The one benefit of growing up in Moulescoomb

I only mentioned it as I used to work just off Moulsecomb way, there always used to be loads of places to park, and it's hardly the M25, a few cars every other week wouldn't hurt anyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here