Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Is there outside food/drinking at the The Amex this season?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Is there proper outside catering at The Amex this season with outside toilets too?

I thought I saw a post on it a while ago but have no idea which thread I saw it on!

Just trying to figure out our transport and pre match drinking options for today.

If there's outside toilets that would be ideal....

Considering arriving early to avoid the packed trains but we have injured parties who are unable to walk to The Swan and me being one of those dirty smoking folk not being allowed back out to have a cigarette for 4-5 hours is hard, especially when drinking. I'm fine for the 2 hours of the match, but the 2 hours beforehand as well is a bit too much.

I'm also extremely Covid aware so want to avoid being indoors in large crowds for too long if at all possible.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Is there proper outside catering at The Amex this season with outside toilets too?

I thought I saw a post on it a while ago but have no idea which thread I saw it on!

Just trying to figure out our transport and pre match drinking options for today.

Considering arriving early to avoid the packed trains but we have injured parties who are unable to walk to The Swan and me being one of those dirty smoking folk not being allowed back out to have a cigarette for 4-5 hours is hard, especially when drinking. I'm fine for the 2 hours of the match, but the 2 hours beforehand as well is a bit too much.

I'm also extremely Covid aware so want to avoid being indoors in large crowds for too long if at all possible.

Nowt had changed for the Getafe game, so I suspect there’ll just be the usual Harvey’s, burgers and fish & chips. No sign of outside toilets yet.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Thanks all. Looks like I'll have to buy some nicotine gum.

Outside toilets would be brilliant.

As would being let out of Dicks to have a ciggy without having to rejoin the back of the queue. I cant think of another bar/pub in the country that doesn't let you back in but that's another discussion for another day.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If they did some decent beers outside and had toilets it would be much more tempting / enjoyable pre match . Anyway its supposed to piss it down all afternoon

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If they did some decent beers outside and had toilets it would be much more tempting / enjoyable pre match . Anyway its supposed to piss it down all afternoon

Latest Met Office :shrug:

weather.JPG

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

Glad to see you’re concerned about your health.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
BBC weather and Met Office apps both showing rain this afternoon when I looked yesterday.

Rule of thumb.
Turn up in t shirt and shorts and it will rain.
Wear jeans, long sleeves and bring a waterproof jacket and the sun will shine.

That was yesterday have a look again at midday ..bound to have changed again

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
BBC weather and Met Office apps both showing rain this afternoon when I looked yesterday.

Rule of thumb.

:lolol:

I have two outfits ready - and indeed two different drinking plans. Whatever I choose the weather will do the opposite of.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Rule of thumb.

I'm taking my fold up BHA brolly, so it is bound to stay dry.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
.Screenshot_20210821-120103_Google.jpg

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
The Harvey’s, fish and chip and burger vans are all there. Didn’t see outside toilets at Getafe game, and I’d be surprised if this becomes an option
Please could you tell me if you can purchase a programme outside the stadium, Only people with matchday tickets are allowed in shop.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Extremely Covid aware? You’re about to go to a football stadium :lolol:

I jest. I’m envious, have a great evening :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here