Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Players not getting jabbed

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Plenty of story's in the papers 're unvaccinated players getting covid and being realy sick. Arsenal and Newcastle for starters but plenty of others
Good footballers but brains of a peanut.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Where does it say they are "really sick" out of interest?

Young fit footballers are highly unlikely to get seriously ill from Covid vaccine or not. People who are vaccinated can still get really sick. I have been vaccinated before anyone starts jumping on that one again.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Young fit footballers are highly unlikely to get seriously ill from Covid vaccine or not. People who are vaccinated can still get really sick. I have been vaccinated before anyone starts jumping on that one again.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...castle-players-have-not-been-vaccinated-covid

Given the stark reality that Darlow lost two stone during the course of five nights in hospital earlier this summer and is still not fit enough to return to the first team squad, the high number of vaccine refuseniks at St James’ Park may seem surprising.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

I guess it might not make them really sick in terms of general health (even after long covid etc) but I do wonder what effect it will have on their match fitness. It can be a nasty illness for anyone and getting back to the peak fitness needed for professional sport could be a real challenge.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007

Arsenal and Newcastle players are suffering from news reports today (no I don't have a link) Steve Bruce was saying his players are struggling.
For you to say that young fit pro's won't get sick is rubbish. They will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here