Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Groß Turn-O-Meter

How many Groß turns do you expect to see tomorrow?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many do you expect to see tomorrow?

This is NOT how many do you hope to see - a squillion.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Where's the option for 3.2???

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He almost had one that didn't work at Burnley, scuffed it a bit. Amazing how no matter how many times he pulls the trick the opposition players fall for it?

What a good player that boy is...

It’s because his speed is deceptive.

He’s slower than he looks.

( This is not a criticism, btw.)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He must make a move and give a look to fool the defenders . . . Would love to see it from his eyes, maybe there's an element of hypnosis . . . . I'll email Barbs and get a go pro fitted on Pascals shirt so we can see.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I love how we KNOW it's going to happen before he does it!!!

Do the opposition not research our players and know what is coming................because we do :)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Do the opposition not research our players and know what is coming................because we do :)

Amazing isn’t it. It all happens so slowly too. There is almost frozen disbelief from the opposition player as he pulls off his signature move.

It’s very very rare that he gets caught out and tackled whilst performing this beautifully choreographed trick.

What I would love would be a highlights video of all the Groß turns during his Albion career. I’d pay to see that in fact.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Think we'll have a decent amount of possession, so gone high with 3. He only does then when he can get away with it.*

*There's a reason why opponents find it so difficult to read.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

I wonder how many he's done in his Brighton career?

Does he do them in training? If he does are they as successful against players who play with him everyday and must surely be prepared for it?

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway

I’m a massive fan of the Gross turn. I was thinking about this the other day.
Opposition analysts must tell their players how to muscle Maupay out the game or which foot to get Dunk on or when to press Bissouma. Then they get to Gross and tell their players he is going to turn you and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I expect three. I hope for a double though, when it does the defender twice in one (exceptionally) slow move it really is a thing of beauty.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I counted thirty characters in this post, twenty nine of which are irrelevant crap. I really, really, don't care what phone you use. OK?

27 are irrelevant, the minimum character count per post is 3.

So he couldnt have posted just:-

Therefore the S & E do actually become relevant.
He could have posted:-

Se

But that looks a bit odd.

My preferred way round this is to use '.'
So I would have posted:-

But that would have been a lie as I actually voted two.
So my post would have looked like:-

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It’s because his speed is deceptive.

He’s slower than he looks.

( This is not a criticism, btw.)

He's made to look slower by the sheer breakneck speed of the Premier League and the world class players he's against every week. Groß was never quick, while with us at least, but neither was Bergkamp. If you've not got pace, you rely on your understanding and vision of the game to give you the time on the ball to be effective.

This vision and reading of the game, along with good technique, is why is he consistently our most creative player. If you added electric pace to those mental attributes, he certainly wouldn't have played his prime years for the Albion.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
He's made to look slower by the sheer breakneck speed of the Premier League and the world class players he's against every week. Groß was never quick, while with us at least, but neither was Bergkamp. If you've not got pace, you rely on your understanding and vision of the game to give you the time on the ball to be effective.

This vision and reading of the game, along with good technique, is why is he consistently our most creative player. If you added electric pace to those mental attributes, he certainly wouldn't have played his prime years for the Albion.
I guess he's had to really work on his "raumdeuter" attributes for the very reason of him not being quick enough to just burst past an opponent and create space through fleet of foot. That first season where he played as a proper no.10 behind Glenn was a masterpiece in how to drift into the right spaces to be able to hurt our opponents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here