Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New replica shirts - what tat

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Having worn my new home and away shirts during leisure activities this week, I washed them using the normal cycle that I've been using on my 50+ other Albion shirts over the last 25 years. One wear, one wash. All four 'Premier League' arm patches are peeling off, and the away shirt is creased like Dot Cotton's face. Creased. I have never had to iron a football top, neither Albion nor England. Never. Will it melt?

I am saddened and disappointed.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Having worn my new home and away shirts during leisure activities this week, I washed them using the normal cycle that I've been using on my 50+ other Albion shirts over the last 25 years. One wear, one wash. All four 'Premier League' arm patches are peeling off, and the away shirt is creased like Dot Cotton's face. Creased. I have never had to iron a football top, neither Albion nor England. Never. Will it melt?

We need a poll on this, a one off or has everyone suffered the same heartache.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

This feels like a portent of impending doom, in a Back To The Future II Grays Sports Almanac type way.... :ohmy:

Any chance you can pop them back in and put the washing machine in REVERSE, Dr. Harry?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Sorry to hear that.
If you have a few hours to spare why not email PB?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I thought you'd be peeling the label off anyway . . . creases suggest it wanted a cold(er) wash.

It's chinese plastic shit, what did you expect? All my shirts are for looking at, safest option. The only one I occasionally wear is cotton.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

What could possibly go wrong H?

10469085_10102975792464942_8570455221248423421_n.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does it not say on the label?

The home shirt says 100% recycled polyester, made in Cambodia, 30 degree wash, don't iron (no need)

The away shirt says 100% polyester, made in Vietnam, 40 degree wash, do iron (needed!).

My favourite old shirt, the black away from a few years ago, and which is like brand new still, all the letters of Knocky's name pristine, after dozens of wears and vigorous washes, says:

Made of 100% polyester, in Thialand, 40 degree wash, can iron (never a need).

All three say 'do not use softner' in tiny tiny letters *but I always have and always do.

So the main difference is the new away top actually does need to be ironed (for the first time in Albion shirt history since the advent of polyester), and also that I should not have wasted actual money getting the Premier League decals on the sleeves.

*That's blown my chances of launching successful massive litigation against Barberout, hasn't it :facepalm:

Still not happy, though.

Maybe if they get the shirts made in Laos or Myanmar next year normality will resume? ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The home shirt says 100% recycled polyester, made in Cambodia, 30 degree wash, don't iron (no need)

The away shirt says 100% polyester, made in Vietnam, 40 degree wash, do iron (needed!).

My favourite old shirt, the black away from a few years ago, and which is like brand new still, all the letters of Knocky's name pristine, after dozens of wears and vigorous washes, says:

All three say 'do not use softner' in tiny tiny letters *but I always have and always do.

So the main difference is the new away top actually does need to be ironed (for the first time in Albion shirt history since the advent of polyester), and also that I should not have wasted actual money getting the Premier League decals on the sleeves.

*That's blown my chances of launching successful massive litigation against Barberout, hasn't it :facepalm:

Still not happy, though.

Maybe if they get the shirts made in Laos or Myanmar next year normality will resume? ???

The club shop has been selling mostly tat for years now, so no surprise to me

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
You know we're pretty well fleeced as football fans at the best of times. Ticket prices, food and drinks, programmes, changes to kick off times etc etc. I almost feel a replica shirt is a badge of honour which may as well have "I'm fleeced and proud of it" printed on the back. As much as I love the Albion, never in a million years could I part with 50 notes for a T-shirt.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Still not happy, though.

That could be your problem.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
It's indeed a lovely shirt if you happen to have Abs, any chubby bits will stick out like a sore thumb, I think mine will be added to the maybe It will fit next year collection.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
“Mostly”?

I haven’t bought any items for years but the ones I’ve bought have been expensive tat but I didn’t buy EVERY item they sell, so I’m not gonna be slagging off every item :smile:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I haven’t bought any items for years but the ones I’ve bought have been expensive tat but I didn’t buy EVERY item they sell, so I’m not gonna be slagging off every item :smile:

I have bought t shirts and a sweatshirt in the past few years, which have all shrunk or gone bobbly! I know I have increased in size over lockdown but they are still tat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here