Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The English Game

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Just finished binge watching this on Netflix.

I have to say it's a bloody good watch. Really gets the blood pumping.

Only six episodes, but very likeable characters, hope they decide to continue to follow the evolution of the game with another series.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Unfortunately one of the lead actors is serving time and that probably stopped any immediate continuation of the show.

“On 16 April 2021, Guthrie was convicted of a sexual assault that occurred in 2017 for which he was sentenced to three years in prison and placed on the Sexual Offenders Register indefinitely.”

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Only six episodes, but very likeable characters, hope they decide to continue to follow the evolution of the game with another series.

I would say you're a bit late to the party but as I'm just watching the last series of '24' I'm not in a position to comment.

That said, agree it was a good watch.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Yes, it was good, Obviously it was just a fictionalised story for TV and they did take huge liberties with the facts; I had to keep telling myself it's just a TV show loosely based on real events to stop myself from saying "That's wrong!" every five minutes.

But yes, if you are interested in the early years of football (which I am) it's well worth a watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here