Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A bit of Info about Scottish Left Backs

Moaty

Aug 19, 2021
Lochend,Edinburgh
Hi there being a staunch Hibbie, I have read with interest your interest in your tie up with Hibs( is it a thing? We are non the wiser either).However I'm sorry to say I don't think the Doig thing is happening. We need him. Although Lewis Stevenson has been a great servant for us ,I think his days of bombing up the left are coming to an end. Like the rest of us age is catching up with him.
I read with interest some of the opinions of Scottish left defenders. Here are some names to run past you, see if you know any of the names?.Tommy Gemmil, David Hay, Grant Taylor, Maurice Malpas, Eric Schaedler, Jim Jeffries, Joe Tortalano and John Murphy. I could also add that Sandy Jardine ,Jackie McNamara and Des Bremner were tried out on the left back position. You could also argue that Hibs made Ulysses de la Cruz.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hi there being a staunch Hibbie, I have read with interest your interest in your tie up with Hibs( is it a thing? We are non the wiser either).However I'm sorry to say I don't think the Doig thing is happening. We need him. Although Lewis Stevenson has been a great servant for us ,I think his days of bombing up the left are coming to an end. Like the rest of us age is catching up with him.
I read with interest some of the opinions of Scottish left defenders. Here are some names to run past you, see if you know any of the names?.Tommy Gemmil, David Hay, Grant Taylor, Maurice Malpas, Eric Schaedler, Jim Jeffries, Joe Tortalano and John Murphy. I could also add that Sandy Jardine ,Jackie McNamara and Des Bremner were tried out on the left back position. You could also argue that Hibs made Ulysses de la Cruz.

The fact that you need Doig is irrelevant if we want him and put up the dosh, you will just have to buy a replacement. Truth is we want Cucu more I suspect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The fact that you need Doig is irrelevant if we want him and put up the dosh, you will just have to buy a replacement. Truth is we want Cucu more I suspect

Can you imagine the tantrum you (and many others) would be having if an Arsenal/Man.U/Liverpool fan posted something similar about Bissouma?

Don’t be a dickhead all your life

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I think you’re correct, we have eyes for Cucurella.

I can’t see any recent non-tabloid links of us with Doig. Only that his contract saga is unsettling Hibs, with no mention of us.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

Maurice Malpas an absolute legend, but you forgot Andy Robertson too.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Nothing like a nice friendly welcome to our visiting Hibs fan. :facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Hello Moaty. No idea really what 'the thing' is, tbh - I don't think anybody's too sure. I think it's likely to do mostly with youth development - we have (or had) one of your young GKs down here about a month ago to get some training with our GK coaches (who are top class). Whether he's back with you now, or whether he's going to get the odd game in one of our youth teams, I've no idea.
Doig is certainly getting himself noticed - mainly in Scotland yet; you might have a good 'un on your hands there.

Not sure why your quoting a list of past Scottish players - is it a test? Tommy Gemmell was brilliant - as were all the Lisbon Lions. Davie Hay was no defender - more a midfielder - shame his eye got crocked and he had to retire. Grant Taylor? - no, sorry. Malpas, Schaedlar and Jettries played most of their football in Scotland, I think. Sandy Jardine of Rangers was decent (in Scotland).Tortalano and Murphy - no sorry. DesBremner won as many European cups as the Lisbon Lios, so he must have done alright for stom Villa!o

So - back to 'the thing' - if it means we lend you a decent yougster for a season on loan, that could be beneficial all round - or if one of your's comes the other way - loans, temporary or permanent, Intereesting time, eh?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Here are some names to run past you, see if you know any of the names?………Jim Jeffries

Yup. I heard of Jim, married one of our own last year.

Saw him at the Komedia about 15 years ago. He was trialling stuff for his Edinburgh show and started doing a piece about paedophiles who are too famous to be vilified. Chaplin, Elvis, Jackson etc, they all got a mention and folk started to walk out in disgust. ‘It’s ****ing true’ he kept saying and for the most part he was right. The comedy was powered by it’s provocativeness and sheer offensiveness but I’m not sure there is still an audience for this type of thing in these sensitive times.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

[MENTION=42501]Moaty[/MENTION] pls don’t tar us all with this brush of arrogance - it’s a bit minority. Welcome to the board. Always quite liked hibs & won £500 off a free hibs picks contest thing at Xmas for free :thumbsup:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I would like to think that we would handle the negotiations a bit more sensitively than that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Hubristically rude.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems the OP may have made his first and last post due to the overly aggressive and billy big bollocks first reply which everyone else has rightly dismissed.

Confess I’ve heard of very few of the players mentioned

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Would be nice if people gave a thumbs-up to the OP to show him he’s welcome after the crass response of bw2.

Hopefully Scotland will be the making of Alex Cochrane too and we can add him to the list

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

You really are a ****, aren't you???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here