Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happy 79th Birthday Peter Grummit

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The goalkeeper when I started watching the Albion and seldom bettered.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Best goalie of the 60s not to get a full cap for England. Some tough competition in those days.
One of my favourite Albion keepers. Agile as hell.

Ive been watching the Albion for 62 years and he made the best save I ever saw any Albion keeper make.

Second best I ever saw after Gordon Banks from Pele

Unfortunately, I can't remember anything about it other than it was in the south goal (I think!)

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Ive been watching the Albion for 62 years and he made the best save I ever saw any Albion keeper make.

Second best I ever saw after Gordon Banks from Pele

Unfortunately, I can't remember anything about it other than it was in the south goal (I think!)

I remember one save he made in the South Stand goal ( might be the same one!)

And I think it was against Blackburn?

I was watching from the North

It was a header destined for the top corner

Looked all the world a goal

Grummitt not only saved it but caught the ball aswell

Don't remember too many saves,but I'll never forget that one

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Echoing others as a fan who fell in love wit the Albion in the early 70's as a small child. He was a fantastic keeper. Always looked for his name first, remember well my dad giving approval each time he was in the 11.

I remember one save he made in the South Stand goal ( might be the same one!)

And I think it was against Blackburn?

I was watching from the North

It was a header destined for the top corner

Looked all the world a goal

Grummitt not only saved it but caught the ball aswell

Don't remember too many saves,but I'll never forget that one

I think you may well be right sir :bowdown:

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
My first Albion keeper, was gutted when he left but then again Eric Steele wasn’t so bad

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Remember the horrific injury being kicked in the neck.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The best Albion goalie in my 45 years of watching the stripes.

Happy birthday PG.

Bugger, must Have just missed him . . . Having been going 42/3 years or so now . . . . He must have been displaced by Eric Steele? ES was the first keeper I remember. And I always preferred him over Graham Mostlycrap

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bugger, must Have just missed him . . . Having been going 42/3 years or so now . . . . He must have been displaced by Eric Steele? ES was the first keeper I remember. And I always preferred him over Graham Mostlycrap

I liked Steele and Moseley. As a kid, they were all heroes, I hadn’t got that adult cynicism yet! :smile:

What was amazing about Grummitt was that he’d already had a brilliant career in far superior Forest and Massive teams, his debut was at age 18 in 1960 …. many years before we were born or England had won the WC.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Amazing to think he was in his mid 30s when he was playing so well for the Albion. 75/76 season he was great.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I liked Steele and Moseley. As a kid, they were all heroes, I hadn’t got that adult cynicism yet! :smile:

What was amazing about Grummitt was that he’d already had a brilliant career in far superior Forest and Massive teams, his debut was at age 18 in 1960 …. many years before we were born or England had won the WC.

I jest. GM was great on his day, but ES was my first keeper, . . . Strangely I fancied myself as a bit of a keeper as a 9-10 year old and was impressed by a keeper at an Albion game most by ??? Phillips. He made an amazing save which stuck in my head for years . . . .

Edit, John Phillips, only played one game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here