Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone know anybody who is using or any University offering 'The Turing Scheme' ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Chatting to one of my friends today and one of their children is looking at Uni courses and wants to spend part of their degree studying abroad, but are having trouble finding any University which is offering funding through the Turing Scheme

I know a few on here have kids going to Uni this year as it has been discussed before, so does anyone know what universities are offering it, or alternatively, whether anyone is actually on it ?

Thanking you in anticipation :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Having trouble finding out about the Turing scheme, eh?

Sounds like a bit of an Enigma

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not sure the scheme is really up and running effectively or efficiently beyond being a “government policy/idea” with a bit of media coverage. Education partnerships in countries where they didn’t exist previously will take time to come to full fruition and it is vastly underfunded relative to Erasmus.
Williamson really is the most inept Education Minister of recent years (and there’ve been some idiots!).
Haven’t seen much from the British Council who are theoretically running it but wrth asking your University Registrar’s Dept maybe?
This might help as a guide:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-advice/where-to-study/turing-scheme?amp=true

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Chatting to one of my friends today and one of their children is looking at Uni courses and wants to spend part of their degree studying abroad, but are having trouble finding any University which is offering funding through the Turing Scheme

I know a few on here have kids going to Uni this year as it has been discussed before, so does anyone know what universities are offering it, or alternatively, whether anyone is actually on it ?

Southbank does my sons of to Prague for a few months. Can’t wait to visit.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Try this

http://ukturingscheme.com/tags/united-kingdom/

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
BBEFD428-1379-4AA3-BE83-6686AF685AC5.jpeg

One month until term starts 12,000 students currently awaiting student study visas for Europe countries because “UK consulates couldn’t foresee the demand” (despite the demand for Turing being less than for the Erasmus Scheme it “replaces”). Everyone else DID know what the demand was likely to be. The FCO just hadn’t prepared/bothered to find out so it’s come as a surprise to them and they haven’t the staff or resources……….
Same old. Same old with this shambolic government.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here