Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Great new Tony Bloom podcast - worth a listen to remember what he's done for us

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I will listen but I don't need a reminder.

Thanks for posting.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I wonder how much doggedness comes down to his stature? Visually short, but a giant in foresight.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I've just finished listening. For any Albion fans it will be difficult to listen without a smile on your face.
His ambition to win a cup (whilst acknowledging how hard that will be) is wonderful to hear, along with his desire to own the club for many, many years to come.
Thanks for sharing. TB has to be close to being the best individual owner in football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just finished listening. For any Albion fans it will be difficult to listen without a smile on your face.
His ambition to win a cup (whilst acknowledging how hard that will be) is wonderful to hear, along with his desire to own the club for many, many years to come.
Thanks for sharing. TB has to be close to being the best individual.

Edited for you :wink:

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Thanks for sharing. TB has to be close to being the best individual owner in football.

Yes great to see there is further ambition and that its realistic as well !

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Good listen. Really pleased he constantly refers to us being 'sustainable'. Would rather have a club to support and well run within our means than to become another Pompey.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
"In conversation with the man who brought Brighton back from the brink."

With respect, that was Dick Knight really.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Probably the most open ive heard Mr Bllom speak, it’s a good listen even if it has got me dreaming of European trips

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Refers to the appointment of the touchline maniac as one of his best decisions. Refers to Gus as an excellent appointment except for how it ended, and recognises that he could have handled the PR surrounding Gus’s departure better.

A very good interviewer, and TB, as always, comes across brilliantly.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Go about half an hour in and play at double speed

Marvellous

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

In fairness TB did name check DK. Interestingly he suggested that if the Poyet situation happened again he might deal with it differently. At least that’s what I took from what he said. Shame Poyet had such an ego, it was clear that TB was disappointed in how it ended, he obviously wanted him to stay on (until the toys came out of the pram) imo.

I wonder where we’d be now if Poyet had stayed

Edit, just seen that [MENTION=27867]Goldstone76[/MENTION] has already mentioned this

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Excellent listen. Never really heard him being so open. Particularly interesting I thought on some of the wider issues in football. Made me laugh when he wrote off our chances of ever winning the title, then backtracked, not wanting to spoil the fans' dreams - which was a rare instance of remembering he sometimes has to play the PR game.

For all the crap Albion went through, we are now astonishingly lucky to have Tony Bloom. I doubt there's another owner in modern football who's as in tune with the fans and financially committed.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

It was, but without TB's millions would we even have survived at Withdean long term? Certainly not as much more than a League Two, possibly League One outfit. Even back then, TB and other investors were in the background keeping Albion afloat.

I tend to think of Dick Knight as our spiritual saviour and fully respect he also gave us much as he could financially, which is every bit as significant in the club's history. But none of what we have now would be possible without TB: restoring the club's status, carrying us back to an entirely different level - and beyond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here