Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oscar Garcia interview

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Is he still drinking Sangria with Stubble like Barney Rubble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Great bloke. I read the article and was surprised to see that the longest he has stayed at a club is 2 seasons. He's managed 9 different clubs in 9 years (not inc the Barca U18s). That is a worrying sign for me so I'd like to see him back as a fan but not as our manager.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A decent bloke, but when it comes to management he's flakier than cirrhosis (health issues at Watford excepted). Not someone you could plan a long-term strategy around.

el punal

What a fantastic guy, would love to have him back at Brighton at some point!

A smashing bloke but in truth a stand-in for the car crash debacle of Gus Poyet’s departure. One of my abiding memories was being at the City Ground when Leo’s late, late goal saw us beat Forest 2-1* and put us in the playoffs. Oscar’s reaction was wonderful. Reality hit home a few days later though when we got thumped by Derby County in both playoff legs, then of course Ulloa going to Leicester and Oscar departing for “personal?” reasons.

* The icing on the cake that day was to see the Reading fans on the pitch celebrating the achievement of getting 7th place in the League. Well done the Biscuit men! :bowdown:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was a man for the moment and did a good job in difficult times with a season long injury list that makes the current one pale into insignificance. However we have moved on and will need better than him for our next manager imo

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
A smashing bloke but in truth a stand-in for the car crash debacle of Gus Poyet’s departure. One of my abiding memories was being at the City Ground when Leo’s late, late goal saw us beat Forest 2-1* and put us in the playoffs. Oscar’s reaction was wonderful. Reality hit home a few days later though when we got thumped by Derby County in both playoff legs, then of course Ulloa going to Leicester and Oscar departing for “personal?” reasons.

* The icing on the cake that day was to see the Reading fans on the pitch celebrating the achievement of getting 7th place in the League. Well done the Biscuit men! :bowdown:

I was not able to go to the Forest game, but beleave me living in Reading and next door to a Reading fan who was gong to the game with someone I worked with was bloddy fantastic. Especially as they decided to knock on my door and take the piss before leaving fo the Mad Stad. Just to say I had a nice home comming for them when they got back :ascarf: When Leo scored that goal I don't think I have celerbated like that at home alone, went bloody mental. :albion2: Glorious day.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What a fantastic guy, would love to have him back at Brighton at some point!

Hmmm for match hospitality sometime yes that would be great, but l hope you don't mean as manager.

He had one fairly good season where, with a lot of good fortune, he managed to get us into the Play Off's, but tat was about it.

With the exception of one Samy Hyppia, we have done much better managerially since.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
As others have said, comes across as a nice guy and clearly a good talker when it comes to football but as a coach/manager his record doesn't exactly show him as anything other than average. The number of clubs that he has left after a season (or shorter) speaks volumes for me. Good luck to him but can't see a bright future if I'm honest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here