Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Pubs For Brentford

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
From my Bees supporting mate, hope it’s of some use:

If coming from Brighton area. Best just to get the train from Clapham/Waterloo to Kew Bridge (or Brentford if fans want to drink around GP still). New stadium is 15min walk from GP.

Pubs:

I would recommend heading to Strand On the Green area, which is 10 min brisk walk away from the stadium. Head to the left of Kew Bridge along the river, DO NOT CROSS THE BRIDGE. The pubs are all on the towpath of the Thames, apart from the Steam Packet which is across a road.

Steam Packet, Bell and Crown, The Barge, Bull Head – my personal choice is the Bell and Crown.

On the Brentford side of Kew Bridge you have One Over The Ait. It is a bit soulless and allegedly home only.

Next to the station you have The Express Tavern, but as it is 10ft from the stadium can get rammed. So I would not bother.

If you walk over Kew Bridge you have a few options:

The Cricketers, Greyhound and Botanist and Kew Cricket Club serve alcohol.

Plenty of pubs near GP still. If you are a creature of habit.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Thanks for this. You could pick any number of locations in West London, all cracking for pubs. And all
within easy reach of the stadium.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
If you fancy a decent craft beer pub then the Black Dog on Albany Rd is really nice. Anyone who fancies a LGBT friendly pub, then the Six Bells by Brentford Lock opened its doors a few weeks back.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
From my Bees supporting mate, hope it’s of some use:

If coming from Brighton area. Best just to get the train from Clapham/Waterloo to Kew Bridge (or Brentford if fans want to drink around GP still). New stadium is 15min walk from GP.

Pubs:

I would recommend heading to Strand On the Green area, which is 10 min brisk walk away from the stadium. Head to the left of Kew Bridge along the river, DO NOT CROSS THE BRIDGE. The pubs are all on the towpath of the Thames, apart from the Steam Packet which is across a road.

Steam Packet, Bell and Crown, The Barge, Bull Head – my personal choice is the Bell and Crown.

On the Brentford side of Kew Bridge you have One Over The Ait. It is a bit soulless and allegedly home only.

Next to the station you have The Express Tavern, but as it is 10ft from the stadium can get rammed. So I would not bother.

If you walk over Kew Bridge you have a few options:

The Cricketers, Greyhound and Botanist and Kew Cricket Club serve alcohol.

Plenty of pubs near GP still. If you are a creature of habit.

Agree with the Bulls Head, a good place for a beer and One Over The Ait not for footy fans :thumbsup:

Parking:

Kew Gardens Ferry Lane. £7.00 for a full day. Limited parking available.

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels...idge&utm_medium=GHA_Organic&utm_source=google

Screenshot_20210817-215737_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I know the area very well, having worked round there for years.

I always used to avoid Kew Bridge station and take a different route.

From Clapham Junction I got a no stops fast train to Richmond, then "cut back in" two stops on either the District Line or London Overland which share the same track to Gunnersbury.

That gives you the option of the fantastic Tap on The Line on the platform at Kew Gardens, which is the stop in between.

https://www.tapontheline.co.uk

Another recommendation (and favourite of mine) is the somewhat hidden The Pilot behind Gunnersbury tube. It was the pub of choice for the workers in the nearby Chiswick Park.

That's 12 minutes walk to the stadium and you can avoid the most main road by walking up Wellesley Rd. It doesn't have the views of the Bell and Crown (which I'd imagine will be rammed) but has a nice garden at the back.

https://www.pilot-chiswick.co.uk/

On the way back from the ground if Kew Bridge is looking packed, it's well worth the short walk to Gunnersbury Tube Station. Instead of taking the District Line into Central London, go west 2 stops (on either the Overland or District Line) to Richmond, which is the end of the line. From there regular fast SW trains go back to Clapham Junction (from the adjacent platform) in under 15 mins.

There is also a Marks and Spencers on the platform if you want to grab some refreshments for the way home.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have a flat opposite Brentford leisure centre, if get there early you can park for free around Stile Hall Gardens no restrictions on a weekend. Chiswick is just up the road plenty of decent places to drink, Nandos, Five Guys if your hungry and loads of buses back if your feeling lazy. It would be the closest away game for me ever probably won’t get a ticket though in the away end as it will sell out before my level unfortunately. Could get a home ticket I suppose.

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
Lucky enough to live in London so I will be drinking in one of the finest pubs in the area, the Dove in Hammersmith, a beautiful pub. Then will get a short uber ride to the ground

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here