[TV] Vigil TV Series

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Set your recording devices everyone, this fantastic looking drama written by him who gave us Line of Duty staring DI Steve Arnott starts Sunday August 29th !!!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/bbc-nuclear-submarine-thriller-vigil/amp/

For us ex mob types it will no doubt be a moan fest of inaccuracies but who doesn’t love a good submarine drama!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep. Really looking forward to this. Rather than a "moan fest" I'd genuinely be interested in the observations of any of our ex-RN contributors. Always interested in how the other Services (i.e. not Army) operate and love all the jargon (as in Line of Duty!). Modern slang is also of interest, so that I can confuse what remain of my mates by using phrases that didn't exist 40 years back! Should be a great TV series, with some terrific acting talent on show.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Looking forward to [MENTION=12089]charlie[/MENTION]sShinpad thoughts [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Saw an advert for this at the weekend - looking forward to it, it certainly seems to have a strong cast.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I had the choice of being either a Stoker[emoji2959], WEM or an AEM. The deciding factor was that subs didn’t have flight decks. It was a very easy decision. I can’t think of anything worse … other than being a crusher[emoji2959]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
I had the choice of being either a Stoker[emoji2959], WEM or an AEM. The deciding factor was that subs didn’t have flight decks. It was a very easy decision. I can’t think of anything worse … other than being a crusher[emoji2959]

to be honest Deportivo, i never normally agree with a 'woo' but on this occasion i have to whole-heartedly agree. never a reggie at whatever costs.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
to be honest Deportivo, i never normally agree with a 'woo' but on this occasion i have to whole-heartedly agree. never a reggie at whatever costs.

They don’t call them Regulators any more. Apparently they are now more professional which to be honest is it difficult.

I only ever met one reggie who I had any time for and he wasn’t a real reggie. A very old and salty Chief Coxswain whose beard would put captain Birdeyes to shame. Lovely guy who could have trooped me for being 1) pissed 2) unconscious next to Victory 3) covered in puke but decided to wake a couple of lads up with ‘look after him’. I turned to the next day with a biblical hangover and reported to him. He simply said’ try not to collapse in the dockyard next time and btw, here’s you wallet and ID card’ which I’d dropped. That would have been the grand slam for any reggie and he simply ignored it. I did however buy him a shed load of beer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here