Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Left Back Options - Taking a punt

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Obviously our awesome scouting team are all over finding a LB at the moment as a) they are awesome and b) at signing defenders.
I've decided to take a punt and say we are targeting and will sign...

Aaron Hickey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Hickey
0_Italy-SS-Lazio-Vs-Bologna-FC.jpg

Anyone else want a speculative punt so they can say "I told you so" ?

Attachments

• NINTCHDBPICT000622535493.jpg
    NINTCHDBPICT000622535493.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 340
Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Obviously our awesome scouting team are all over finding a LB at the moment as a) they are awesome and b) at signing defenders.
I've decided to take a punt and say we are targeting and will sign...

Aaron Hickey
Anyone else want a speculative punt so they can say "I told you so" ?
Be interesting to see how he is rated by Hearts compared to Cochrane (also GP might feel he's got enough Aaron's on his hands at the moment!).

Josh Doig
Lot of interest in him - not sure if our 'relationship' with Hibs is likely to be relevant though; he's attracting a fair bit of interest though.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Okay, here's a punt... Last day of window...
Jay Dasilva from Bristol City. Another Chelsea reject. Decent enough backup for March.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Are we really looking for back up to March? Burn can play there, we have Karbownik.

After Saturday, who knows who Potter might start at left wing back!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are we really looking for back up to March? Burn can play there, we have Karbownik.

After Saturday, who knows who Potter might start at left wing back!

We have Marbownik as cover for March ................. do we? We all (or mostly) thought we had bought a LWB when we got him, only to find when he arrived that he was right-footed, although had played LWB to cover for injury. From what little we've seen of him, he doesn't look any more PL level than several of our U23s might be.
Thought he might have had a run out with the U23s tonight, but not to be. I wonder what the plans are for him?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think we should find a decent experienced left back (LWB) on a season long loan to compete with Solly.

Next year Cochrane and Karbownik (if GP sees him there) will be in a better position to challenge for the place. Need to buy them time.

If they're not ready then we can go big and buy someone.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Missed out on Rico Henry last summer. Too late now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He divides opinion both on here and among Fulham fans, but I'm surprised nobody has nicked Antonee Robinson off Fulham after their relegation. I've seen rumours of interest from Wolves and as backup for Man City and the figure mentioned was £10 million, which seems cheap to me.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If only BG was still with us. He'd be all over this thread, bless him :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here