Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Checking NHS Covid pass

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
How is this checked.?
Is it a cursory visual visual check (how do they know what they are looking at) or can they scan the bar code from the NHS app
When I watched the Grand Prix the other week it seemed like they were waving people through with just a nod to actually studying the detail
What happened at the Getafe game.?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
How is this checked.?
Is it a cursory visual visual check (how do they know what they are looking at) or can they scan the bar code from the NHS app
When I watched the Grand Prix the other week it seemed like they were waving people through with just a nod to actually studying the detail

At the Getafe game, my pass was checked to see the name matched my photo ID , the checker did seem to actually do the check, which only took a couple of seconds but certainly took the time to check the name and validity date. It was quicker than the body search which was after the Covid check, but in the same queue, so actually didn't hold the line up at all.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
How is this checked.?

The name on the pass is checked against the name on your ID. Hold up the pass and the ID at the same time. Took about 5 seconds at the Getafe game.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
At the Getafe game, my pass was checked to see the name matched my photo ID , the checker did seem to actually do the check, which only took a couple of seconds but certainly took the time to check the name and validity date. It was quicker than the body search which was after the Covid check, but in the same queue, so actually didn't hold the line up at all.

Did you have a paper copy or an e version that you showed to the checking member of staff?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be sure to download the NHS barcode on the morning of the game, and then screengrab it. Don't want to be relying on a shonky interweb connection to whistle it up at the military checkpoint.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I'll be sure to download the NHS barcode on the day of the game, and then screengrab it. Don't want to be relying on a shonky interweb connection to whistle it up at the military checkpoint.

I downloaded a pdf copy for this exact reason

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Mine was visually looked at but no one asked to see my ID. The steward seemed to be in a hurry to get people through.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It probably depends on the integrity/can-be-arsedness of the steward, as well as the size of the queue behind you. I've been to one event so far requiring Covid pass to be shown on entry and the check was so cursory that I reckon I could have waved the QR code to link to the menu of my local Chinese take away.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just to clarify - are we talking about the need to show a Domestic Covid Passport or proof as per the Your Health icon on the NHS App see your Covid Vaccine Status as being the requirement ?

The first I can't get for another week as I had my second jab last Saturday - the second shows me as having had two jabs.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Did you have a paper copy or an e version that you showed to the checking member of staff?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

also to confirm - it's a QR code not a barcode?

with iphones the pass can be added to the wallet along with the season ticket. For android I just downloaded the pdf version as suggested. There is a QR Code but also the details written normally. They checked the details not the QR Code

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'll be sure to download the NHS barcode on the morning of the game, and then screengrab it. Don't want to be relying on a shonky interweb connection to whistle it up at the military checkpoint.
I tried to screenshot it earlier, doesn't work! [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
To be honest - not sure, but the QR code must contain some confirmatory info. I guess.

Do they actually scan the code to prove compliance, or is it a quick glance and wave you through (my guess is this). What I am trying to say is what's the point if you can't 100% gaurantee compliance with the requirements for entry.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
At Getafe it was just a 5 second check if your ID name and Covid pass name matched that was it no barcode scanning or anything

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here