Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watford

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I had Watford at home as our first 3 points of the season. My Watford supporting mate had them down as deffos for relegation. Now I know it's only 1 game but does their victory over Villa change anything? Not seen any highlights etc but was it a case of Watford playing well or were Villa simply Sh!thouse?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Villa a bit Grealish hungover, Watford pacey and not bad.

They will be in a relegation fight though for sure. But they're carrying momentum and will give us a tough game.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
They have some good players and anyone can beat anyone in the Premier . We are big favourites with the bookies though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not sure will have a bearing. Watford will be dangerous.

You would hope if we play well and are on it then we will win but anything can happen . Wouldn't be a massive shock if we lose

6 points would look bloody lovely though. Imagine the concourses and outside the stadium after !!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Not sure will have a bearing. Watford will be dangerous.

You would hope if we play well and are on it then we will win but anything can happen . Wouldn't be a massive shock if we lose

6 points would look bloody lovely though. Imagine the concourses and outside the stadium after !!

Our opening fixtures are very kind. This is why I feel we need to take advantage now ahead of any slump in form that tends to happen after Xmas. Its such a shame that we have so many players playing out of position which like Burnley first 45 could have a major impact.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Watford will be a dangerous proposition offensively - so our defence will need to be more on their game than the 1st half on Saturday - would help if Veltman was back, if he is I'd stick with the same back 3, and have Veltman RWB and March LWB & think we'd be solid. However, their defence can very much be got and they'll concede chances.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Sorry - but an opener at Burnley against their first 11 with crowds back after 17 months is not an easy opener. I'm genuinely delighted we've navigated such a difficult fixture with three points and so would any other club in this league including the top 4. The trick is for GPott to recognise that he ****ed up with the opening formation and to get us in a place where we can stop Watford in their tracks after they did a number on Grealish-Lite-Villa.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
By no means a given, but is one we should win - a home match against one of the teams we expect to be around or above. But - a should win at the Amex straight after an excellent away win ......................... we've been there before!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Watford will be dangerous on the break but defensively they are weak. We need to pick the right balanced team but assuming we do so I'd expect us to win. Perfect game for a both teams to score Brighton win bet, so expect a 0-0 draw.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We stopped much better players than Watford have last season at the Amex. We did so by domination of the midfield.

We'll create more chances. If we finish like we should, we'll won the game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sarr and Dennis looked dangerous against Villa. We will need to stem their attacks on the wing
They really bullied Matt Targett in bossing the game for an hour, but I have faith in Potter nullifying the threat of them isolating any lack of speed especially in our defence. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gross start on the bench, for example.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Watford are currently 17/4, which seems fairly generous given the absolute shambles we are at home. Tough one to call though, its certainly not going to be featuring on my acca coupon. All 3 results are perfectly conceivable.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Watford are currently 17/4, which seems fairly generous given the absolute shambles of a shirt we wore when we were at home. Tough one to call though, its certainly not going to be featuring on my acca coupon. All 3 results are perfectly conceivable.

Fixed, which explains the long Watford odds now I think. :thumbsup:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sarr looks lively and I saw a fair bit of Dennis in the Champions League in the past, which prompted me to put him straight in my Fantasy League team. Lively going forward but hopefully we can get at them..

monkeymz

Sep 27, 2011
the second villa woke up and put pressure on watford they started to crumble. As for there threats i think we can snuff them out from minute 1 have to realize they scored a fluke and a worldy not going to be easy but should be 3 points

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
They really bullied Matt Targett in bossing the game for an hour, but I have faith in Potter nullifying the threat of them isolating any lack of speed especially in our defence. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gross start on the bench, for example.

Hopefully Veltman will come in for Duffy, to counter Watfords pace upfront.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here