Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Took my live into my hands going to Burnley yesterday

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
No not because it's the arse end of nowhere with a load of neanderthals roaming the streets.

It is but that is not the reason. Looked at my Garmin app today and could not believe my heart rate during the game. Watching football can't be good for your health. My heart rate went to 171bpm in the second half.
To put that into perspective I'm 56 so my max heart rate should be about 164 (220 - my age). That's with no exercise apart from going bat sh1t mental when the goals went in. Scary.

thumbnail_Screenshot 2021-08-15 at 20.38.58.png

Last edited:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Mine was almost the same but mine spiked when I realised you got change for a fiver for 2 drinks

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
No not because it's the arse end of nowhere with a load of neanderthals roaming the streets

Although it is…

Not been to Burnley in about 20 years and it was quite charming to see it’s not changed a bit.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
No not because it's the arse end of nowhere with a load of neanderthals roaming the streets.

It is but that is not the reason. Looked at my Garmin app today and could not believe my heart rate during the game. Watching football can't be good for your health. My heart rate went to 171bpm in the second half.
To put that into perspective I'm 56 so my max heart rate should be about 64 (120 - my age). That's with no exercise apart from going bat sh1t mental when the goals went in. Scary.

View attachment 139504

That is indeed actually fascinating - what an insight into what we go through. Brilliant. Hope this is a regular feature!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Out by 100 on that maximum heart rate calculation...

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

To put that into perspective I'm 56 so my max heart rate should be about 64 (120 - my age). That's with no exercise apart from going bat sh1t mental when the goals went in. Scary.

View attachment 139504

Given that your resting heart rate is 64, if your formula was right you'd be medically advised to sit on your arse all day!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

View attachment 139504

Maybe Tom Hark, PP had a point? Look at the battery left on that!!!

Seriously, when you are truly invested, stuff like this takes its toll - and breathe :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

View attachment 139504

Max is 220 minus your age…….you were at peak excitement but no risk :)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

View attachment 139504

Interesting that you can actually see the mood at 15:02 and also how it seems to drop at half time!

Can you set the Axis to the minute over the match out of interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Interesting that you can actually see the mood at 15:02 and also how it seems to drop at half time!

Can you set the Axis to the minute over the match out of interest?

Doesn’t look like it unfortunately.

Thought it was interesting that you can see the peaks for the two goals.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Am I missing something??? Apart from the knee blanket brigade in the Uppers don’t we all go mental when we score a meaningful goal which would increase all our heart rates.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Sorry, bad fan, did not go, but listened to game on radio with Jonny and Warren and sounded like they were having some issues with idiots behind them and a few times they were subjected to abuse by the locals, could not hear what was being thrown at them, but they were clearly shocked.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Am I missing something??? Apart from the knee blanket brigade in the Uppers don’t we all go mental when we score a meaningful goal which would increase all our heart rates.

You would expect your heart rate to increase. I was just surprised by how much. If I go out on the bike and hammer it for a couple of hours I’ll get up to that level. But did not expect it watching football.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Had to wear a 24 hour blood pressure machine as Doc was concerned about me edging towards hypertension. Can't remember which match it was but I wore it to the Amex for a very close game and apparently towards the end of the match my blood pressure went sky high.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You would expect your heart rate to increase. I was just surprised by how much. If I go out on the bike and hammer it for a couple of hours I’ll get up to that level. But did not expect it watching football.
Watching football the anxiety levels are horrendous especially if we go 1-0 up and try to hang on. No wonder there have been unfortunate people who have had heart attacks at football grounds :) The concept is crazy when you think about 11 men trying to put a ball in a net can cause a person so many emotions.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

To put that into perspective I'm 56 so my max heart rate should be about 164 (220 - my age). That's with no exercise apart from going bat sh1t mental when the goals went in. Scary.

View attachment 139504

Thanks for posting. Made me think about my OTT goal celebrations bearing in mind I do actually have a heart condition. Pretty stupid really, especially as I had to have a sit down after walking back up the steps after going for a wee.

Pistol

Apr 14, 2011

Similarly surprised at just how high. I averaged 139 for the 41 mins from 16:29, peaking at 193. Thankfully calmed down sufficiently to drive home…

ebe2b15f27a2fc87eb0941e8af725d04.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here