Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Watford Sat Aug 21

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Imagine if we won and took 6 from 6… they did well yesterday though tbf…

Opening post is bizarre and quite frankly plain rude and twattish.

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Bound to be a bit of hubris. Just come up and they have momentum.

Reality will dawn for them and Brentford soon enough, whether meted out by us or someone else.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Fifth PL season we have done much better than Yo Yo Watford yet we are 3 points to them. I understand their win yesterday Dean Smith could manage Man City and still be terrible.

The OP does have a point about Mac though.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Really? Not sure there’s anything there to get offended about and his overview of us is positive.

My thoughts too.

Found this statement strange though:
'The whole town looks as though it has suffered from the pandemic with most of the restaurants moving towards Hove.'

Did he completely miss North Laine/the lanes and the huge amount of independent shops are as well as tens of restaurants?! I'd say Brighton has probably suffered less than the vast majority of towns its size from the pandemic!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Really? Not sure there’s anything there to get offended about and his overview of us is positive.
This. Only a soppy oversensitive type is going to take offence to any of that. It's very fair and bang on the money.

I like Watford anyway, if only for the fact they hate that nasty, grubby bunch of no marks, Loo town.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
They caught Villa sleeping and the second was a very fortunate deflection but once villa woke up they cut through Watford very easily. I think our defence is a much tougher test than a lot of teams think and first game back at a full Amex I think this one is going to be tough for them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"Piers, queers and racketeers". That's why I live here, as opposed to somewhere that's famous for Wenzels and the A41.

Anyway, I lost all respect for that piece when it said

Robert Sanchez has taken over from Matt Ryan in goal and looked more than assured against the rough and tumble of Burnley while their big money signing Enoch Mwepu impressed on his competitive debut having arrived from RB Salzburg

Sanchez had a ropier game than I've seen in a while and Mwepu was subbed at half time.

I do quite like Watford as well though. Always a good day out in the days when the away end was a terrace on one half of an end with a lovely back drop of allotments and power towers and we used to sing "we're gonna nick your sweets and lollipops".

*stares at OP* - will that do?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I do quite like Watford as well though. Always a good day out in the days when the away end was a terrace on one half of an end with a lovely back drop of allotments and power towers and we used to sing "we're gonna nick your sweets and lollipops".

*stares at OP* - will that do?

Well I must say GB, that's very unlike you to let your guard down and reveal your true feelings about Hertfordshires finest toilet :lolol:

PS I just saw you blink, I win.....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And Palace of course. Didn't their mascot have a falling out with Zaha?
Yes, he cried because the Watford mascot took the piss out of his constant diving by doing an impression of him.

As you correctly point out, another reason to quite like Watford.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yes, he cried because the Watford mascot took the piss out of his constant diving by doing an impression of him.

As you correctly point out, another reason to quite like Watford.

On a serious note, my neighbour is Watford fan, and has been nothing but complementary on the Albions progression to the PL

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I'm looking forward to bumping into their most famous fan

barry.jpg

:bowdown:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
“My only complaint is the homeless, millions of them, they must multiply if you get them wet or something... and if you're there the week after pride the whole front smells of urine, makes you heave”

Millions eh ……:moo:

Oh and ..I think not

I expect Laridae to come at us in front of the cameras (whereas they were more cautious against Burnley until the second minute) and like the Villa expecting an easy three points

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m very worried about the Watford break. They hurt big spending Villa, big time.

They’ll sit back and try and hit us when they turnover possession. This is where we could really miss Ben White and his pace. Duffster & Dunkster will be totally outpaced.

It might be that Potter loads the wings with pace in March plus an EPL debut for the quick Karbo in order to help our centre-back-slow-coaches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here