Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] RIP Gerd Muller

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He broke our hearts in 1970 when he smashed the ball past Bonetti, but he was a hell of a player. An absolute goal machine.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
He broke our hearts in 1970 when he smashed the ball past Bonetti, but he was a hell of a player. An absolute goal machine.

Didn't break my heart in 1974 but was gutted with his scuffed winner against that beautiful Dutch side in the World Cup final.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
One of the greats from a different era, and you wonder how much he would have been worth in today's transfer market, as guaranteed to score virtually every game at any level.

RIP

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
RIP Gerd Müller, 1970 Scottish Footballer Of The Year :down:

mqdefault.jpg

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I always thought he looked nothing like a footballer but was always in the right place to score. Over 500 goals and I doubt he got 30 from outside the area. The ultimate predator but what the hell was Brian Labone doing?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A legend. RIP

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
After that 1970 World Cup he was asked if he thought he was lucky to score so many goals. His reply was along the lines of "yes, and the more I practise and train hard, the luckier I get!"

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Peter Bonetti broke my heart in that game, it wasn't exactly his finest hour, but R.I.P. Herr Muller, one of the greatest goalscorers of my lifetime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here