Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Getting To Football 2021-22

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Some of you may remember that in the early days of the pandemic I posted a link to a guide to the way to get to football grounds by public transport. The compiler has updated his "labour of love" which covers all English clubs in the Pyramid from Premier League (level 1) to level 10. So in terms of Brighton & Hove from the Albion to Mile Oak FC. I hope you find it useful if like me you lack private transport.

http://www.andyofkent.exofire.net/GTF_202122_1.pdf

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Sort of linked - hoping to get a ticket for Everton in a couple of weeks and will be getting the train from Haywards Heath.
Anyone do this route on match days?

Am I better going down to Brighton and up to Falmer or across to Lewes and down to Falmer?
Which route has the better service / connections?

Advice appreciated ....

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sort of linked - hoping to get a ticket for Everton in a couple of weeks and will be getting the train from Haywards Heath.

Am I better going down to Brighton and up to Falmer or across to Lewes and down to Falmer?

Advice appreciated ....

I’ve only ever been via Lewes but I’ve heard from others that the queues at Brighton Station are a bit grim.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills

Advice appreciated ....

Go via Lewes - much less queues for the trains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Go via Lewes - much less queues for the trains

Still be mindful of the fact there is a queueing system at Lewes so don’t forget to allow yourself two or three trains extra to make your preferred arrival time.

Gone are the days of a spring up and over the bridge to the Brighton bound platform. It’s like sodding Disneyworld.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Some of you may remember that in the early days of the pandemic I posted a link to a guide to the way to get to football grounds by public transport. The compiler has updated his "labour of love" which covers all English clubs in the Pyramid from Premier League (level 1) to level 10. So in terms of Brighton & Hove from the Albion to Mile Oak FC. I hope you find it useful if like me you lack private transport.

Interesting question. Which station serves the most football teams on that list ?

(I don’t know the answer)

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Interesting question. Which station serves the most football teams on that list ?

(I don’t know the answer)

Can I offer for Sussex: Three Bridges which serve Three Bridges FC, Crawley Down Gatwick, Oakwood and Forest Row (the last 2 ground share).

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Still be mindful of the fact there is a queueing system at Lewes so don’t forget to allow yourself two or three trains extra to make your preferred arrival time.

Gone are the days of a spring up and over the bridge to the Brighton bound platform. It’s like sodding Disneyworld.

Going to need to use the train more this season so with Wivelsfield my local station was planning on going via Lewes. Are there extra trains to Falmer timetabled on matchdays? Trying to work out when I need to get to Lewes given your advice above.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Going to need to use the train more this season so with Wivelsfield my local station was planning on going via Lewes. Are there extra trains to Falmer timetabled on matchdays? Trying to work out when I need to get to Lewes given your advice above.

There are some extra trains, but due to the signalling on the route, it is restricted to 6 trains per hour, so the majority of the services have additional carriages and come from Seaford/Eastbourne/Hastings. Also the platform length at Lewes means that any extra services can be at max 5 coaches.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Big fan of

Loxwood Plaistow Road, Ifold, West Sussex RH14 0SX
= Billingshurst 5½ miles.
There is no public transport to the ground.

Solid.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Apols if this is a daft question, I've never used trains on match day before ...
Does the match day ticket still include local train travel?
e.g. from Haywards Heath via Lewes to Falmer and return?
Thanks in anticipation

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Apols if this is a daft question, I've never used trains on match day before ...
Does the match day ticket still include local train travel?
e.g. from Haywards Heath via Lewes to Falmer and return?
Thanks in anticipation

Yes

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Advice appreciated ....

I do this trip and really they're fairly similar in time /difficulty. There's more queueing in the station at Brighton, but then you join an empty train - the Lewes trains are mostly full already with "Eastern Gentlemen".

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

I was thinking about Lewes this Saturday. I can't remember waiting more than 10 minutes though. Surely you don't have to wait for nearly 30 minutes now do you ?

Why's it suddenly got worse?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I was thinking about Lewes this Saturday. I can't remember waiting more than 10 minutes though. Surely you don't have to wait for nearly 30 minutes now do you ?

Why's it suddenly got worse?

Depends what time you get there but I wouldn’t recommend drinking in Lewes then expecting to hop on a train at 2.30 with ease.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Can I offer for Sussex: Three Bridges which serve Three Bridges FC, Crawley Down Gatwick, Oakwood and Forest Row (the last 2 ground share).

Not quite as good but Tunbridge Wells is listed for three teams. Tunbridge Wells, Rusthall and bizarrely Crowborough because Crowborough station is "less convenient" to use apparently. I guess that depends where you are coming from. Walking a mile up the hill seems a lot more convenient than having to get a bus 9 miles.

Impressive list though and must take an age to compile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here