Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can Veltman play next Saturday ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think he can if he is double jabbed as those restrictions end on the 16th. That's assuming he doesn't go on to develop Covid in the meantime.

Yoda

English & European
I think he can if he is double jabbed as those restrictions end on the 16th. That's assuming he doesn't go on to develop Covid in the meantime.

I thought it was if you were pinged after the 16th you don't if double jabbed but if you are pinged before you still have to do the full 10 days no matter what.

Sir-Len

Oct 28, 2012
Berkshire
You can be pinged with any number of days to isolate. For example I was pinged after a flight and told to isolate for 5 days. It won’t be 10 days from a close contact but impossible to predict if just how many.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought it was if you were pinged after the 16th you don't if double jabbed but if you are pinged before you still have to do the full 10 days no matter what.

I don't think so. I had a quick google and the first result was an article in the Independent containing this paragraph:

'But the new rules confirm that if a person’s self-isolation period began before 16 August and was due to end after 16 August, they will be able to leave self-isolation on 16 August. People who have tested positive for Covid-19 will need to continue to isolate for a total of 10 days.'

Sir-Len

Oct 28, 2012
Berkshire
I don't think so. I had a quick google and the first result was an article in the Independent containing this paragraph:

'But the new rules confirm that if a person’s self-isolation period began before 16 August and was due to end after 16 August, they will be able to leave self-isolation on 16 August. People who have tested positive for Covid-19 will need to continue to isolate for a total of 10 days.'

Here are the rules, Gov website. In summary double jabbers don’t need to isolate if identified by contact tracing but do if they test positive themselves.

‘From Monday 16 August, people who are double jabbed or aged under 18 will no longer be legally required to self-isolate if they are identified as a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case. The change was announced last month, as part of step 4 of the government’s COVID-19 roadmap. With 75% of people having received both doses of the vaccine, the majority of adults will no longer need to self-isolate if they are contacts.

These changes can be made next week as a result of the remarkable success of the UK’s vaccine programme, with over three quarters of UK adults now double jabbed. The latest data from Public Health England and Cambridge University shows that around 60,000 deaths, 22 million infections and 66,900 hospitalisations have been prevented by the vaccines.

As of Monday, double-jabbed individuals and under 18s who are identified as close contacts by NHS Test and Trace will be advised to take a PCR test as soon as possible to check if they have the virus and for variants of concern. People can order a PCR home test online or by calling 119, or going to a test site.

As double-jabbed people identified as close contacts are still at risk of being infected, people are advised to consider other precautions such as wearing a face covering in enclosed spaces, and limit contact with other people, especially with anyone who is clinically extremely vulnerable. They will not be required to self-isolate while they wait for the results of the PCR test.

Double-vaccinated adults will no longer be required to self-isolate from Monday, as long as they received their final dose of an MHRA-approved vaccine in the UK vaccination programme at least 14 days prior to contact with a positive case’.

Anyone who tests positive following the PCR test will still be legally required to self-isolate, irrespective of their vaccination status or age in order to break onward chains of transmission. Meanwhile anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms should self-isolate and get a PCR test, and remain in isolation until the result comes back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here