Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Burnley (a)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sanchez 5 -- double first half wobbles, poor kicking throughout, but calm in the last 15 minutes and claimed numerous balls
Duffy 7 -- made for this game, and did well
Dunk 6 -- not his best game
Webster 7 -- pushed forward second half and disrupted their shape
March 5.5 -- didn't do much playing right wing, looked more solid second half but not his best game
Bissouma 7 -- dictated things especially as the game wore on
Alzate 7 -- kept things ticking over, my hunch is that he'll be back to his best this season
Mwepu 6 -- dynamic, looks a good addition
Gross 6 -- no idea why he was posted as a LWB(?) first half, and made a few mistakes second, but yet another assist for Gross
Trossard 6 -- as inventive as he was, didn't quite make things happen
Maupay 7.5 MotM -- a menace throughout, some great touches, excellent movement, got into good positions for several chances, one that went just wide, another that was well blocked, but especially getting in front of Lowton for his goal

Subs:
Lallana 7 -- made things happen
Moder 7.5 -- excellent contribution, great assist
Mac Allister 7.5 -- excellent contribution, great finish

I thought Potter got the formation all wrong first half, but he changed things half time, and substitutions changed the game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Sanchez - 6 - commanding second half
Duffy - 8
Dunk - 6 - rusty
Webster - 5 - careless on the ball. poor decision making. Just needs games. Don’t know what you were watching [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] [emoji2]
March - 6
Mwepu - 5
Bissouma - 7
Alzate - 6
Gross - 6
Trossard - 6
Maupay - 7 - industrious throughout.

Lallana - 7
Moder - 7
MacAllister - 7

Potter starters wrong, effectively brought a knife to a gun fight. Great subs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Shouldn't there be separate marks for each half? There were 2s and 3s all over thhe place in the first half, and a fair few 7s and 8s in the second.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Maupay, Bissouma and Duffy all 8s, the rest 7 except Mwepu and Trossard 6.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sanchez - 6.5 - came good in the end - terrible start but finished strongly
Duffy - 7.5 - Best CB today - game was tailor-made for him.
Dunk - 6 -
Webster - 5 - Poor - will get better
March - 6 - consistent, but not at his best
Mwepu - 5 - Will improve - first Prem game at Turf Moor will have been a culture shock
Bissouma - 6.5 - Much better second half
Alzate - 6 - Hit and miss - got better
Gross - 6.5 - Yet another assist - let's not play him at LWB again though, yeah?
Trossard - 6 - Ok
Maupay - 7 - Did nothing wrong ( apart from testing the ref's patience - had it been Moss, he would have been off IMO) - Great to have him on the score-sheet again!

Lallana - 7.5 MotM - Influential
Moder - 7 - Class act - I would be playing him ahead of Mwepu
MacAllister - 7 - great goal - exactly the sort of opportunity we were ****ing up last season.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Sanchez - 6 worst game in an Albion shirt flapping all over the place first half.

Gross - 6.5 assist dragged him up from a 5.5 from that first half horror show but not his fault Potter put him in the weirdest position possible.

Dunk - 7 solid

Duffy 7 solid

Webster - 7 although had a nightmare at right back god knows what Potter was thinking playing him RB redeemed himself when in his actual position

March 6.5 again have to thank Potter for a poor first half he’s just not got the tools to play on the right. Solid second.

Emwepu - 5 waaaay off the pace feel he’s got a while till he is up to Prem league hustle and bustle

Biss - 6 a total passenger first half

Alzate 6.6 prob best CM first half

Maupay 8 anonymous first half did what was needed when it mattered, good finish

Trossard 7 worked hard

Subs

Lallana 8 changed the game

Moder 8 changed the game

Mac 8 changed the game

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Dunk looked awful in the warm up - very lethargic, and struggling. He was given something (painkillers?) with about 15 mins left. Definitely wasn't 100%

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
6 - average

Sanchez - 6 - commanding second half
Duffy - 8
Dunk - 6 - rusty
Webster - 5 - careless on the ball. poor decision making. Just needs games. Don’t know what you were watching [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] [emoji2]
March - 6
Mwepu - 5
Bissouma - 7
Alzate - 6
Gross - 6
Trossard - 6
Maupay - 7 - industrious throughout.

Lallana - 7
Moder - 7
MacAllister - 7

Potter starters wrong, effectively brought a knife to a gun fight. Great subs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nailed it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sanchez 7 - other than the struggle on two corners in first half, he had a fine game and was very important in the end

Webster 6 - bit rusty but got better in the second half
Duffy 8 - excellent
Dunk 7 - did what he should

March 5 - I know he wants to play AMR but he looked very lost out there. Better in the second half, without really reaching the heights of last season.
Mwepu 5 - looked confused and a bit unused to the high tempo, but some good indications as well
Bissouma 6 - weak first half, back to his normal self in the second.
Alzate 6 - gave the ball away for a lot of dangerous counters in first half but looked a lot better in the second
Gross 6 - no idea what he was doing as some sort of LB (please GP, dont do it again) but looked more comfortable in second half.

Trossard 5 - not garbage but not that useful either, disappeared too often

Maupay 7 - good in link up play, hard work and nice goal. Close to 8.

Lallana 8 - hopefully starting vs Watford
Moder 7 - close to 8, nice assist and overall impact
Macallister 7 - great goal

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Sanchez - 6 first half I would have scored him 4 but redeemed himself second half I can only assume he didn’t feel comfortable with the new set up
Duffy - 8 Welcome back Shane some essential clearances best defender on the pitch today
Dunk - 6 Well done Lewis get your worst game of the season out the way nice and early
Webster - 6 As per Lewis Dunks performance was constantly either in Duffys way or Duffy was in his way I am not sure but I think this gave Sanchez the first half wobbles
March - 7 Impressive return no signs of any post injury issues we really missed you
Mwepu - 5 Will need time to settle and get up to speed seemed to be a distraction
Bissouma - 8 first half I would have scored him 6 but second half he came alive with Lalana on and Mwepu off
Alzate - 5.5 looked completely out of position to me
Gross - 7.5 what a good professional he is caught for pace on one occasion but more than made up for it with an assist
Trossard - 5.5 invisible for large parts of the game but he’s a real talent
Maupay - 8 - When ever I talk to friends of other teams Maupays name is often mentioned as one player they would want tirelessly working and a great goal happy birthday Neil.

Lallana - 7 Fantastic second half substitute allows Bissouma to do his thing
Moder - 7 Another fantastic second half substitute great cross for our first goal
MacAllister - 7 The perfect Potter hat trick with a third fantastic substitute scored with his first touch hopefully the first of many this season

GP what an odd starting line up showed his genius with the changes, great start to the season let’s not get carried away half time we could have been 3-0 down Maupay could have been sent off for a bit of petulant kicking the ball away near the end.

Burnley Could possibly should but ultimately didn’t an aging team run out of steam as the game progressed while Brighton’s youthful team became stronger as the game progressed

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
The only consistent performer over 90 minutes was Duffy. Others fluctuated wildly. Webster and Sanchez were all over the place early doors and grew in confidence though the main improvement was GP and his tactics.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sanchez - 6 - Terrible both on crosses and distribution 1st half but improved as the game wore on and was excellent in the last 10 mins.
Duffy - 9 - When you consider the circumstances, what he has gone through in the last 12 months professionally and the consequences for him had he had another mare, huge performance and speaks volumes to his courage.
Dunk - 7 - Didn't look fit but stayed at it.
Webster - 5 - Looked well off the pace, hopefully will come on for the game.
March - 6 - Hopeless 1st half out of position did much better down the left but still lacks the courage to make things happen at times. Doesn't want to make a mistake.
Mwepu - 5 - Will improve - Didn't think he was the worst by a long shot 1st half but the changes worked.
Bissouma - 7 - Grew into the game and started to control it in the last 20.
Alzate - 6 - Not sure he is going to make it, seems to be going backwards but would like to see him tried a RWB where I thought he did well previously?
Gross - 7 - Not a LB who knew? Another who was a different player 2nd half. Didn't think he used the Cruyff turn enough though...
Trossard - 6 - Looked lost 1st half but improved 2nd period and I was quite surprised when he got the hook but once again GP was right.
Maupay - 8 - Thought his booking was harsh, thought he was lucky to stay on for kicking the ball away and he needs to cut that rubbish out. That said I thought he did well 1st half from scraps and deserved his goal, linked play well and looked much happier than last season too. Nice touch to come over after his interview too.

Lallana - 8 - Duffy MOM but Lallana ran him close. We just instantly looked a better team with him in the midfield. Worked the ball and kept it moving. Hugely influential.
Moder - 7.5 - His running power was introduced at exactly the right time and his cross for the goal was perfect.
MacAllister - 7 - Well taken goal and his positional play was brilliant, could this be his breakout season?.

Potter - 5 - Much though I love the guy that 1st half team was ridiculous. His in game management is second to none and once again the right changes at the right time but to send that side onto the pitch? Gross at LB? March at well what exactly was his position? He can and must do better, he has some problems with injuries etc but he needs to manage his resources better than he chose to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here