Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy post Celtic loan

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Depends where Veltman plays.

I think Potter’s optimum back 5 is this but I can’t see Burn, March & Lamptey being march fit.

———-Webster—-Dunk——Burn———
Lamptey————————————March

I think we’ll see this on Saturday:

———Webster—-Dunk—-Webster——-
Veltman———————————Cucurella

As well as the two Websters l'd be surprised to see Cucurella start on Saturday, but with Graham Potter who knows?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I thought March was expected to be ok as it was just a precaution with him not playing last time out? Hopefully the back 5 will be Veltman-Webster-Duffy-Dunk-March - however I guess Cucurella could well be in if there is still a doubt about March.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Trouble with playing Duffy is we can’t play the high line like we did last season, he drags the defence deeper and your then back to Hughton levels. It’s not his fault he hasn’t got the speed to play a high line.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It looks like Big Shane is actually a bit slimmer this season. Hopefully a sign of a greater focus on training and perhaps less beer. He has certainly started the season well and I can see him getting game time when the opposition warrants it. Eg can’t see anyone taking his place for the Brentford game.
I think Cucurella will probably start too.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I thought March was expected to be ok as it was just a precaution with him not playing last time out? Hopefully the back 5 will be Veltman-Webster-Duffy-Dunk-March - however I guess Cucurella could well be in if there is still a doubt about March.

Potter said this about March injury last week.
""No, I don't think [its long term]. Everton just came a little too soon for him. It is a little hamstring strain so hopefully for Brentford he will be okay"
He'll update again at tomorrows pre Brentford press conference.

PS: For those itching to reply saying that means he'll be out until Christmas (ha ! i know you want to). Then pre Everton he said Maupay and Welbeck had recovered from injuries and would be in the squad. and yep. Maupay and Welbeck were in the squad for Everton.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It looks like Big Shane is actually a bit slimmer this season. Hopefully a sign of a greater focus on training and perhaps less beer. He has certainly started the season well and I can see him getting game time when the opposition warrants it. Eg can’t see anyone taking his place for the Brentford game.
I think Cucurella will probably start too.

I gave up drinking and went from slim with random bits of podge and moobs to something approaching ripped in about three months and doing nothing else different. Many moons ago (under a previous account) I had quite a heated debate about players drinking with Tank’s wife. Unsurprisingly she was pretty defensive about it all but it was obvious the game was changing. A pint is the equivalent to a Mars bar- so not drinking 20 pints a week is going to make an absolutely huge difference to any players bmi.
Not saying Shane was drinking that much, but any player drinking excessively is definitely putting themselves at a disadvantage at this level.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Trouble with playing Duffy is we can’t play the high line like we did last season, he drags the defence deeper and your then back to Hughton levels. It’s not his fault he hasn’t got the speed to play a high line.

Nor has he the vision to do it either - and it was obvious during the international games. While he is very good at anticipating a shot or a cross as long as it is in front of him - his limitations were exposed by the fact that he repeatedly put Ireland into trouble with his poor passing and inability to see the movement around him. Egan was much more solid, consistent and up with the pace of the game and Omobamidele's ability to see the entire pitch, to be in the right place at the right time, to step into space and to ping accurate passes from defence showed the all the limitations in Duffy's game.

I have suggested previously on here that Potter should try to sign Dara O'Shea as a replacement for White - but I expect that Omobamidele to be even better than O'Shea, possibly a lot better. If he keeps progressing as he has done in the past year he is going to cost a fortune to buy in 12 months and Potter would do well to get in before the top six come looking to get him. This kid is going to be seriously good and could well end up playing in midfield and controlling the game for whatever team he ends up with. I would describe him as Declan Rice with vision and talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here