Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy post Celtic loan

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Not looking good in a back 3, seems to be playing as if he were still in Scotland.

We're lucky not to be 3 down at half time here

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm not one of Duffy's greatest fans, but I thought it was a good call by Potter to select him for this game, and thought he was one of our better players. He gives us something else as a CB and, as long as he's happy not starting regularly, he'll contribute well to our cause this season.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
He was useful tonight.

It is crystal clear to all that he is unable to be a ball playing defender that our system requires.

But Burnley was his kind of game... and he was one of our better players because of it.

Maybe Potter wants us to be more physical this season - and Duffy will be part of our plans?

It's a bit of an enigma at the moment - but whatever happens I'm really pleased he played and put in a decent performance.

Good squad player , we sometimes need his type on the pitch

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
It's not often a senior player leaves on loan and then returns to the first team. I like many saw the season he had last year in Scotland and assumed that would be the last we see of him in an Albion shirt. I know it's early days, but it would be nice to see him play a role for us this season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Looked to me like we were playing a back 4 in the first half :shrug:

Switched to a back three for the second.

Yeah we quickly moved to a back 4 in the first half with Webster and Gross as full backs, probably after we conceded early, it just wasn't working. Sticking Duffy in as the centre of the back 3 for the second half was a great choice, means he has to do less of the ball carrying leaving that to Webster and Dunk while he could concentrate on marking Wood and cleaning up when needed. Great performance from Duffy overall.

Last edited:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I'd like him to stay. Great to step in and I like the way he is passionate about the club. Has always played well for us.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I don't like him but he was excellent today. Comfortably our best defender.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I’d love it if Duffers had a decent role in the squad this season. Bullet header infront of the Home fans next week would do nicely.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Duffy was loaned out last season which allowed White to get plenty of game time, he was our best CB today because he made the least errors however both Dunk and Webster were moved to accomodate him and ultimately I'd rather see Ostigard or Tsoungi given a place in the squad to aid their development

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here