Date: Saturday 14th August 2021
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: David Coote
Assistants: Peter Kirkup, Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Martin Atkinson
VAR: Jared Gillett
Additional VAR: Derek Eaton

TEAM NEWS

Burnley goalkeeper Nick Pope has recovered from summer knee surgery, while striker Chris Wood is available after competing at the Olympics.

Midfielder Dale Stephens and defender Kevin Long are the only long-term absentees.

Brighton are without forward Danny Welbeck because of a hamstring issue, while Dan Burn sustained a knee injury in pre-season and won't feature.

Wing-back Tariq Lamptey remains out with a long-term hamstring problem.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Burnley's solitary victory in seven home league meetings with Brighton was by 1-0 in the Premier League in December 2018 (D4, L2).
    [*=left]However, Brighton have only won once in eight Premier League meetings (D5, L2).
    [*=left]Eight of the past 11 league encounters have ended in a draw.
Burnley

• [*=left]The Clarets are on a club record top-flight run of 10 games without a win at Turf Moor (D5, L5) and could equal their league record of 11 winless home matches, set in 1979.
    [*=left]They have scored just 19 goals in the past 24 Premier League fixtures at Turf Moor.
    [*=left]Burnley could match Ipswich Town's 27-year-old Premier League record of 94 consecutive games without a red card on Saturday.
    [*=left]Chris Wood has scored eight goals against his former club Brighton. He found the net nine times while on loan at the Seagulls in 2010-11.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have won their opening league match in just two of the past nine campaigns (D1, L6).
    [*=left]The Seagulls scored 18 away goals in the Premier League last term, with only Wolves and Sheffield United faring worse.
    [*=left]Albion ended last season on 41 points but should have finished with 67 based on their expected goals. It's the biggest points disparity of this kind in Europe's top five divisions.
    [*=left]Neal Maupay turns 25 on Saturday and could become the third player to score a birthday goal on the opening weekend of a Premier League season, emulating Jay Jay Okocha in 2004 and Roque Santa Cruz in 2008.

Graham Potter's Burnley Press Conference

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Woo Hoo! It’s Saturday and The Albion are back.. Dick has given a match day thread, and we have a 3 o clock kick off .
What’s not to like?

It is a tough fixture ,we will do well to come home with a point .... but I will be glued to my radio , following every move , seeing it in my minds eye. :albion2:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
3 points today. No excuses whatsoever.
Apart from the fact they're probably better than us, have no injuries and are not undercooked. We need to get the chip off our shoulder about teams like Burnley , they usually finish above us for a reason.

(Ok we were 2 points better off last season!!)

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Apart from the fact they're probably better than us, have no injuries and are not undercooked. We need to get the chip off our shoulder about teams like Burnley , they usually finish above us for a reason.

(Ok we were 2 points better off last season!!)

You seemed to have missed the part where I said no excuses.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Going to be no surprise if we lose today given injuries and lack of attacking options unless we expect big Jurg to have a Lazarus like rise from the grave.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patreon
Aug 24, 2020
Looking forward to Johnny and Warren on the wireless. If Mwepu is playing, good luck to Warren!

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Just happy to be able to go and watch football again , snatch a point today and I will be very happy , lose and I'm going to watch ATV to see how moaning at the team after 1 game should be done .

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Can’t wait. Working in Manchester before lunch so it’s all going to be a bit of a mission. Just want a goal really, been so long some I’ve had that feeling.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Going for a decent away point both teams strong defensively and a bit blunt in attack 0-0 or 1-1.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Back to scouring the interweb for water based viewing after trying to get all my jobs done before 2:55.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here