Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Taylor Richards

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This guy scores goals. It’s a huge trick to have.

However, he has to compete with at least a dozen other central midfielders at the club.

I can’t see him getting that much game time ahead of players like Lallana, Groß, Alzate and Mac Allister etc.

Last edited:

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
It depends. Is he a Trossard/Ali J/Tau sort of player who can play an attacking role in a front three as well as further back in midfield? If not I don't think he'll get in the team, but as always happy to be proved wrong!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Looked pretty rubbish in pre season. Let's see

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

One excellent disguised through ball, when he came on against Getafe.

If he gets used it is most likely as a late substitute. He can make things happen on the ball, but still needs to be busier, when not in possession from what I have seen.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good news. Expect he’ll now go out on a loan to a Championship team.

Beat me to it (by several hours, it appears!) - but absolutely right. A season in The Championship (or possibly the SPL) to build on his successful League 1 season seems ideal. He is young though, so could possibly benefit with a season flitting between the U23s, the 1st. team bench and the occasional sub appearance before going out to the next level next season - we'll see what the development team decides on.
Will, if appropriate, follow his progress on the Official Loanee Tracker Thread.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Good news. Expect he’ll now go out on a loan to a Championship team.

Under normal circumstances, he'd have a shot at game time, but the attacking midfield log jam in front of him is extraordinary.

Even hard to see him get time in the cups

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
I'm quite surprised by this. I didn't think he had shown much either at under-23 level or on loan. But I suppose since we spent seven figures on him, it protects our investment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here