Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Predictology

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Anyone use Predictology or any other football stats services for betting or trading? If so, is it worthwhile? Any recommendations for other services etc would be most welcome. Am essentially looking for online services that give pointers to value bets etc.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Anyone use Predictology or any other football stats services for betting or trading? If so, is it worthwhile? Any recommendations for other services etc would be most welcome. Am essentially looking for online services that give pointers to value bets etc.

No, but have just signed up to Colossus as it seemed interesting.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I am no gambler, but I have always wondered - why do these 'tipster' services exist? (When I was younger, it was only for horse racing, nobody I knew would ever bet on football.)

If I knew who was going to win a match / a race / an event, I would just bet on it myself and make a fortune that way. Telling everybody else to bet on a particular result can only depress the odds, and ensure that I make less profit?

Just seems an odd way to make a living, and as I can't understand the logic - I'm out.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I am no gambler, but I have always wondered - why do these 'tipster' services exist? (When I was younger, it was only for horse racing, nobody I knew would ever bet on football.)

If I knew who was going to win a match / a race / an event, I would just bet on it myself and make a fortune that way. Telling everybody else to bet on a particular result can only depress the odds, and ensure that I make less profit?

Just seems an odd way to make a living, and as I can't understand the logic - I'm out.

Tipsters exist because some people think that the tipster knows something that others don't. Some exist to send business to certain bookmakers. Services like Predictology are not like that though - they are not tipsters as such but look for value bets based upon historical data. It is similar to how bookies price up odds on events and they look for when the bookies may have got the prices incorrect, therefore giving value to the better or trader. I do a similar thing with horses with some success, so am now looking at football.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here