Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Membership packs

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Couldn't see this mentioned elsewhere but got mine, my missus's, and one of my son's membership "goodie" packs through today, and whilst I've broadly liked/found value in previous years, I think I'd have rather them say "due to Covid losses, we're not doing one this year".

There's a pair of "lucky socks" with the BHA badge and #UTA (and the words "lucky socks") - dunno what size yet; don't look big enough for my feet... There's a pack of playing cards, an Albion tote bag that looks nice but is deceptively small (just got back from going into town to pick up a record from Resident, and said record - used as an example - would never fit in there, unless folded I guess...), and a small poster-type thing that wasn't put in to mine correctly and was a bit mangled in places (not that it bothers me).

Still often use the USB power bank from last year, which HAS proved to be a good "gift" as part of the membership. A real shame about this year's collection of stuff.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The Newcastle equivalent....

newcastle.jpg

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Mine has just arrived too.

I quite like they have include something I will use (socks) although having small feet they go up my leg a little further than I would like.

I doubt I will use the bag, if it had been A4 size it would have been more useful, as you could used it on a match day but it is just a little bit too big.

I don't really play cards but it is good to see they have used players/managers that are part of our history rather than just the present team.

My partner who is also a member always passes his pack to me as BHA is his 2nd team so I will have two bags and two packs of cards that I probably wont use.

The powerbank, pens, note pads of previous years were much more useful.

PeakGull

Aug 30, 2017
Derbyshire
Previous years the packs have been fine but this is terrible - I wished they'd saved the money and given it to a local Charity.
Membership Pack.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Mine has just arrived too.

I don't really play cards but it is good to see they have used players/managers that are part of our history rather than just the present team.

I will have two bags and two packs of cards that I probably wont use.

Have you tried canasta, great game. :thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
At least you get something. Season ticket holders get sod all.

...apart from an admission price which offers a significant discount compared to the cost of matchday tickets plus the option to pay by monthly DD which is effectively an interest free loan from the club. But yes, apart from that, sod all. :shrug:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
...apart from an admission price which offers a significant discount compared to the cost of matchday tickets plus the option to pay by monthly DD which is effectively an interest free loan from the club. But yes, apart from that, sod all. :shrug:

The DD that you have made 5 payments towards before the season starts you mean?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The DD that you have made 5 payments towards before the season starts you mean?

Yes, that one. Lump sum option is available to for those that prefer. Plus the club need to manage their cash flow as the business runs 12 months a year. I guess you could have a DD system for ST that runs from August to May but then the installments would be higher to reflect that? Not sure that idea would catch on.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, that one. Lump sum option is available to for those that prefer. Plus the club need to manage their cash flow as the business runs 12 months a year. I guess you could have a DD system for ST that runs from August to May but then the installments would be higher to reflect that? Not sure that idea would catch on.

The point I'm making is that it may well be seen as an interest free loan from the club, but that for the first 5 months it is an interest free loan to the club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here