Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] O/T Parking at Roedean Cafe

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Hi, has anybody else been caught at Roedean Cafe?

They have installed a pay and display in the car park but if you are using the cafe and enter your registration number in the terminal by the till, you get free parking.

We visited twice in June, duly entered our car registration both times but are now being chased for non payment for both dates.

The cafe says it was a glitch and tickets were cancelled but ours haven't been.

Any advice would be grateful.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Not as such.

But we always used to park on the road above the pitch and putt golf course where all those posh houses are.
Saved a lot of hassle.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
When l saw the thread title, l thought for a moment that you were planning on parking your car there on a matchday whilst you were at the Amex. No wonder you got a ticket!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Looking on Trip Advisor I would expect that the decision to install parking charges will have resulted in many customers not returning.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
There are parking charge experts and legal experts on this board - I am neither.

However, hopefully a bump will help you get a definitive answer.

In the meantime, it seems that you parked there and (by default) accepted the terms & conditions which seem to be 'you can pak here for free for X hours if you enter the registartion details in the cafe'.

You did this, and therefore have complied with your part of the 'contract'.

However, the record of you doing this is dependent on a working piece of kit in the cafe. If this was not working, and was not able to properly record that you have complied, and the cafe has agreed that kit was defective, I struggle to see how you can be liable for a penalty that should not exist in the first place.

Unfortunately, that is where my train of thought has to come to ane end, as I am no expert in how to resolve the issue. As I said, hopefully this bump will allow the good experts of NSC to give solid advice on how to handle things from here.

It may be useful for them if you share who the company are that run the car parking scheme, and what demands they have made, and on what grounds?

Best of luck

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Hi, has anybody else been caught at Roedean Cafe?

They have installed a pay and display in the car park but if you are using the cafe and enter your registration number in the terminal by the till, you get free parking.

We visited twice in June, duly entered our car registration both times but are now being chased for non payment for both dates.

The cafe says it was a glitch and tickets were cancelled but ours haven't been.

Any advice would be grateful

Get the cafe to sort it out.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Do you have receipts to show that you paid for golf or paid for something in the cafe? I think that would help your case.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
First question is always, which parking firm, assuming this is a private scam PCN?

Second question, show us a redacted pic of both pages, leaving dates visible please, just redact your name & address and the PCN number. If you;d rather do that by pm then send me a Dropbox link to look at, both sides of the scam PCN.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here