Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Florin and big jurg up front

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think Tony should keep his chequebook closed anyway

Did you look at the last set of accounts?

Thought not

Agreed. Ultimately spending 20 million or even 30 on a striker (in this market) might be the difference between 15th and 12th - which, I’m sure, doesn’t represent a sound level of return on investment. As far as financial security goes, in these uncertain times, I say we stick and leave the twisting to clubs who might not exist in 5-10 years.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Agreed. Ultimately spending 20 million or even 30 on a striker (in this market) might be the difference between 15th and 12th - which, I’m sure, doesn’t represent a sound level of return on investment. As far as financial security goes, in these uncertain times, I say we stick and leave the twisting to clubs who might not exist in 5-10 years.

Sadly I agree. Loads of people claiming we should be spending on a striker but in all reality I suspect most of the White money and salary saving from those let go, is being used to reduce our losses from the season before last of £69m. God knows how much we lost last season too!

Some people need to realise we've got considerable debt that ain't going to disappear unless it is addressed and I reckon that is what is happening now, whether we like it or not.

Not expecting anymore incomings and as the cliche goes 'we'll have to go with what we've got'.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Chequebook? Has online banking not arrived at Bloom towers? Barber Out.

Ah but it has to be contactless remember, so unless we can sign a striker for £45 we're not getting one. Now £45 probably would get you a 2021 Locadia, but...

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I’ve currently got Andone on my bench in Fantasy League. He was a cheap third striker, but I’m hoping he might feature / score and his value increase.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think Tony has it right.

If the right striker comes up at the right price, he'll buy him. If not, our current options are good enough to get us through.

In terms of the two mentioned in the thread title, there's every reason to believe that Andone could flourish. Locadia less so, but he was nowhere near as bad for us before his loan as some made out. And this is a new team with a new manager and a new philosophy. They can start afresh

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Sadly I agree. Loads of people claiming we should be spending on a striker but in all reality I suspect most of the White money and salary saving from those let go, is being used to reduce our losses from the season before last of £69m. God knows how much we lost last season too!

Some people need to realise we've got considerable debt that ain't going to disappear unless it is addressed and I reckon that is what is happening now, whether we like it or not.

Not expecting anymore incomings and as the cliche goes 'we'll have to go with what we've got'.
Although player deals aren’t all upfront the payments are spread over a few seasons. SKY withheld a payment during lock down and then agreed to pay it causing a few clubs financial pressure for a period.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I’ve currently got Andone on my bench in Fantasy League. He was a cheap third striker, but I’m hoping he might feature / score and his value increase.

Judging by Potters comments in the Argus, you'd probably be wise to ditch Andone. It doesn't look like he'll be getting much time on the pitch

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

To be fair, it might be the difference between 18th and 12th, that is a very big difference.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Which were ....?

Graham Potter admits it is going to be a big ask for Florin Andone to get minutes in the Premier League following his serious knee injury.

The 28-year-old only returned from a ruptured cruciate ligament injury in April, before then suffering a hamstring injury 14 minutes into his return to action for the U23s against Southampton.

"He has battled back from a serious knee injury, so we have had to be careful with him and build him up in a good way.

He has got time on the pitch which has been important for him, but he is the stage now where we have to think about how we get more minutes for him, more game time for him because it is a big ask to go from what he has been through in terms of his rehab to getting minutes in the Premier League. "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here