Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Cup O' tea an' a slice O' cake - RIP Aunt Sally

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
For those of a certian age Worzel Gummidge was a Saturday night staple, sad news to hear that Una Stubbs, who played Aunt Sally, has passed away at the age of 84.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Una Stubbs, my word, there was a time when she was on everything. Seem to remember she was in Alf Garnett too.

My Mum had an irrational dislike of her, I just don't know why. I was quite young at the time and found her quite entertaining. I even think she was a bit of a 'national treasure' although I can only say that as my Mum is no longer around.

RIP. Great name from the past. (And sorry for posting this Mum, but I liked her :lolol:)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
84! Jeez. Still think of her as Rita, the 1960s dolly bird, in Till Death Us Do Part.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sad news.

Definitely Aunt Sally for people my age.
My Dad's generation remember her more from Summer Holiday and Til death us do part.
She was Mrs Hudson in the excellent Sherlock series, more recently.

RIP

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Una Stubbs, my word, there was a time when she was on everything. Seem to remember she was in Alf Garnett too.

My Mum had an irrational dislike of her, I just don't know why. I was quite young at the time and found her quite entertaining. I even think she was a bit of a 'national treasure' although I can only say that as my Mum is no longer around.

RIP. Great name from the past. (And sorry for posting this Mum, but I liked her :lolol:)

Your mum disliked her for the same reason all mum’s disliked her ;-)

*see post above this one*

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I loved Una Stubbs. Before Death do us Part, I can remember her in Summer Holiday with Cliff. They were firm friends.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Absolutely beautiful. RIP.

3388afce7ac419fdafd9bee23ec6cfd9.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here