Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The 'Especially for Billy the Fish' 2nd Test Eng v India at Lords thread

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What are these 6 ball overs about? And when are India going to take their power play?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Big total coming here from India with Englands fragile batting line up a big first innings score from the opponents is basically game set and match.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Choosing to bowl was the correct decision, however the pitch looks slow, which is partly a Lords thing but also this obsession the ECB have of ‘fairness’, in India they’d prepare a track to suit their strengths, do we do that here? Do we feck, if we did it would look green.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Choosing to bowl was the correct decision, however the pitch looks slow, which is partly a Lords thing but also this obsession the ECB have of ‘fairness’, in India they’d prepare a track to suit their strengths, do we do that here? Do we feck, if we did it would look green.

Fancy facing Bumrah, Shami, Siraj and Ishant on a green wicket?

India are better than us in all conditions, it’s really that simple. Look at their top 5 compared to ours, spin options, bowling reserves…

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Probably not no, this wicket has got draw written all over it though.

Normally I’d agree, Lords though often starts off flat and ends with uneven bounce and turn, I just can’t see how we survive if India put a big score on the board the pressure that puts on our already scared shitless batting line up…

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
This could go down as one of those infamous toss wins. Spinner on before 30 overs on the board.

The only hope I've got for this England side is Australia refuse entry for the player's families and they refuse to travel and the Ashes is postponed for a year.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

It rarely ever is, and in this case Moeen into the attack before 30 overs is basically a big **** off sign being held up saying 'we should have batted'. Scrambled mind from the England captain, Kholi struggled to keep the huge grin from his face.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Lords is always a bat first pitch isn’t it? I can remember a lot of big scoring first innings totals at lords over the years.

I feel sorry for Moeen to be honest, he’s a good player but he’s always brought into this England side out of desperation more than anything because our batting is so bad we can’t afford to play a front line spinner like Leach, and then when Moeen gets castled early on after playing the Hundred 3 days ago, people will be calling for his head. It’s a rinse repeat cycle.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Bowl first in the conditions was right. It’s just unfortunate England haven’t bowled at their best and India have batted well.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Lords is always a bat first pitch isn’t it? I can remember a lot of big scoring first innings totals at lords over the years.

I feel sorry for Moeen to be honest, he’s a good player but he’s always brought into this England side out of desperation more than anything because our batting is so bad we can’t afford to play a front line spinner like Leach, and then when Moeen gets castled early on after playing the Hundred 3 days ago, people will be calling for his head. It’s a rinse repeat cycle.

Of course it is. I don't what people are talking about suggesting bowling first is a good idea. A decision no doubt motivated by the fragility of our batting rather than the quality of our bowling.

52.6% of Tests at Lords are won by the team batting first.
21.1% won by the team batting second.
26.3% draws.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bowl first in the conditions was right. It’s just unfortunate England haven’t bowled at their best and India have batted well.

Anderson and Robinson have actually bowled okay. Curran has bowled a load of (mostly leg stump) shite.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Do wish they would stop wasting reviews for lbw when the ball hits the pad above the knee roll. 9 times out of 10 it's going over.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here