Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What are these holes in our laminate flooring?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Sorry, hardly a fascinating topic I know, but does anyone know what these hole are for in the corner of our laminate floor of our new house? I'm guessing that they might be to allow the floor to breath, aiding expansion and contraction, but that's just a wild guess. I'd love to know the answer if anyone knows?

holey moley.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Early warning signs of sinkholes.

I think.

Sure you'll be fine :thumbsup:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Woodworm with OCD?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Someone lost their crib board

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Underfloor heating or ventilation,
There should be an expansion gap under the skirting board to allow the floor to move .
It does look unfinished, probably waiting for a cover to be fitted ( if it's a New build )

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, hardly a fascinating topic I know, but does anyone know what these hole are for in the corner of our laminate floor of our new house? I'm guessing that they might be to allow the floor to breath, aiding expansion and contraction, but that's just a wild guess. I'd love to know the answer if anyone knows?

View attachment 139401

Shouldn't this be merged with the thread that you posted just the other day where you confessed to being shite at DIY? Sadly you're looking less Normal by the day Rob :moo:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Shouldn't this be merged with the thread that you posted just the other day where you confessed to being shite at DIY? Sadly you're looking less Normal by the day Rob :moo:

I swear that this was not of my doing. It's too neat for a start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here