Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Unusual memorabilia…

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
After reading this article about Charles and Diana’s wedding cake icing I got to wandering what strange items the good folk of NSC might own? Or covet?
Any unusual footy stuff? Film or music etc.
I have a signed Indiana Jones pic and some film cells. The most bizarre thing I have is a badgers skull signed by Chris Packham and some para cord wrist bands from the set of Mad Max.
What about you?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-wedding-cake-sells-auction-1850-royal-family

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I have a plastic cap thingy from the end of the metal framing that held the seats at the old Wembley.

I have a pair of shin pads that Dean Wilkins ripped off after a match and gave to me, complete with a few of his leg hairs on the taping attached to them. :love:

I also have an high-vis builder's vest/jacket from the Amex construction. It says Falmer Community Stadium on the back and everything! I like to think of it as the first official replica shirt of the Amex era.

Last edited:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Unsurprisingly I own one of Paul Reids socks from the 2004 play off final

Got a few other little bits and pieces and a couple of signed pictures from a film and the tv series Julia Jekyll and Harriett Hyde as my mum taught one of the lads in the series

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I still have the plastic flag from Bristol City (H) in 2017

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have 2 seats from the South Stand at the Goldstone, the only stand at the ground I never went in.
Also, Lee Steeles balloon from the league winning parade along the seafront.
Norman Cooks rejected sample Palookaville shirt.
A pouch made from a kangaroo scrotum.
2 sets of Albion Russian Dolls from that shop at the end of one of those bridges in Prague.
Several of the banners that were used in the mid 2000s while campaigning for Falmer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have 2 seats from the South Stand at the Goldstone, the only stand at the ground I never went in.
2 sets of Albion Russian Dolls from that shop at the end of one of those bridges in Prague.
Several of the banners that were used in the mid 2000s while campaigning for Falmer.

Ah the quality russian dolls.

I did a 'name the player' thread for my set...

...It went on for weeks :lol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A 1” x 4mm strip of oxidised green metal I broke off from the inside of The Statue of Liberty in my youth while climbing the internal stairs. Similarly a small, non-essential to structural integrity, red metal clip from the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a misspent youth!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One of my favourite bands, Super Furry Animals, recorded a song with Paul McCartney chomping on vegtables. It was inspired, or a piss take, of a Beach Boys song where they did similar. I saw the band perform this song with the vegetable accompaniment albeit sans McCartney. At the end the Frau collected up the discarded veggies and the next day made me a stir-fry with them. This is memorabilia of a sort, and it is certainly unusual. More conventionally, I have a framed poster-flyer of the gig aquired from a cafe near to the venue.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
My gift from Alex Higgins

AH.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Engraved Saddam brooch. Found in a sofa left by the previous owners by my Iranian relatives, ironically.
Jersey Pound Note signed by John Nettles
Miniature cricket bat taken by my dad to a test at Lords where he was in hospitality that instead he thought instead of getting a cricketer to sign, he got the guy who played Uncle Mort in I Didn't Know You Cared to sign it

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

Must get my eyesight checked as I initially read that as a couch made of Kangaroo scrotum :mad:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Actually should have said 2 brooches. Just dug them out if there are any Arabic speakers. My money is on it saying "Can he play left-back?"
Saddam 2.jpg

Saddam 1.jpg

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I have a show worn Rimmer "H", worn by Chris Barrie in Red Dwarf. It is made of plastic.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

I wrote to American golfer Steve Jones thanking him for winning the Phoenix Open, after winning a packet on him ,and he signed one of his balls and sent it to me (which was nice)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here