Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s more likely: Top 10 or relegation?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Settle a heated debate, what do you think is more likely this season?

Bookies have us 13/8 for a top half finish, and 13/2 for us to be relegated so they clearly think top ten is more likely but I personally think with our current squad and injuries, top ten is way more than a 13/8 shot.

So what do we think is more likely great minds of NSC?

Edit: DOH, MODS add a poll please!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we're not allowed a fence option - which would be correct answer (eventually falling down to 13th) then I'm with the bookies:-

Top 10 is more likely.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think we will be mid table, but more likely to flirt with top ten than relegation, so sounds about right to me :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Top ten. Unlikely, but not impossible. Relegation is, of course possible, but highly unlikely - won't happen.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Completely depends on rest of transfer window. If all planned signings fall through I think those relegation odds will shorten quickly, a few quality additions and we can really push on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Another relegation struggle.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No new quality striker and I see a season of relegation worries much more likely than top 10, which is a very tall order with the current injury ravaged squad. Welbeck and Lallana will not be playing more than 50% of the games imo, and they are what will make the difference. Lamptey, who knows, he is properly fecked it seems.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
without improvement of personnel, another season of flirting with relegation.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We finished 16th last season.
We’ve sold a very important defender.
We have no full backs.
We haven’t addressed our lack of goals issue.

For all the will in the world top 10 seems very optimistic.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The optimism (current squad) that we’ll finish top 10 can only be based on “Maupay and Connolly can’t keep missing those chances, can they?”.

Long odds in reality.

The mega spenders of Manure, Citeh, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester and Everton have 8 of the 10 places in their hands. Villa and West Ham both love spending too. Ten strong squads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here