Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things You Wished You'd Done Years Ago

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You may have already done it years ago, but once you did do it, you wish you'd done it years before that even :thumbsup:

1. Switch to Linux and bin off Windows.

2. Wear cleats on my bike.

3. Buy a network amp and drag myself into the modern era of streaming (whilst still keeping all the old formats).

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Learnt some building skills (electrics etc). I like that sort of stuff but am hopeless and hapless now.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lived abroad and travelled more. Nothing stopping me now at all but wish I’d done it when I had more of a lust for life and my dislike of crowded places and roughing it kicked in.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lived abroad. I was all set to move to Berlin 30 years ago with a couple of friends as it seemed the perfect time. Then my father died, I spent a few months sorting out his estate and selling his house and the opportunity had gone,

I have a few minor regrets about my life but that's the only big one

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A little less ****ing, drinking, partying, smoking and similar stuff, and a little bit more useful stuff - there's some "play now, suffer later" clouds gathering in the sky.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Think I ballsed up the thread title and wording bit, judging by the responses.

I meant things you HAVE done, and the outcome was so good, you wished you'd done them even sooner.

If we're taking about regrets instead, then mine would be... Get myself a proper education. Maybe if I had, then I'd be able to make myself more clearly understood :blush:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A little less ****ing, drinking, partying, smoking and similar stuff, and a little bit more useful stuff - there's some "play now, suffer later" clouds gathering in the sky.

No no no. My wife has come through a hideous cancer and she is know accelerating through life. Life is fun , live it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You may have already done it years ago, but once you did do it, you wish you'd done it years before that even :thumbsup:

1. Switch to Linux and bin off Windows.

2. Wear cleats on my bike.

3. Buy a network amp and drag myself into the modern era of streaming (whilst still keeping all the old formats).

Cycling. I didn't get into it until I was in my early forties. I so wish I'd taken it seriously as a younger man and boy.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Had kids when I was still young enough to function on very little sleep and was elastic enough to shrug off the flying knee drops instantly.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cycling. I didn't get into it until I was in my early forties. I so wish I'd taken it seriously as a younger man and boy.

All of this!

I had a road bike aged 16/17. Cycled about 20 miles a day for the commute working as a hod carrier. Must have been as fit as a fiddle!, But then it all went pear shaped once I passed my test and started driving everywhere.

And I didn't wear bloody cleats then either! :angry:

Wasn't until I got a road bike again in my 40's that I discovered cleats and 'proper' cycling. By which time, I was just another middle aged, over weight **** in lycra :(

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Carried on doing stand-up. I was ok back in the 90's. I only had me head flushed down the toilet at clubs a few times.

But seriously, I look at w****rs like Russell **** Howard and think to myself. If he can do it, an amoeba like myself could have
if I'd persevered.

Not that I'm resentful mind.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Think I ballsed up the thread title and wording bit, judging by the responses.

I meant things you HAVE done, and the outcome was so good, you wished you'd done them even sooner.

If we're taking about regrets instead, then mine would be... Get myself a proper education. Maybe if I had, then I'd be able to make myself more clearly understood :blush:
Got divorced.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I started a YouTube channel in September last year. I'd wanted to before but I never felt like I had the time and finding the time to get it started is one of the only positive things to have come out of this pandemic, personally speaking.

It's just me playing video games and chatting shit but I enjoy it, it's allowing me to flex my long dormant creative muscles a bit and a few weeks ago I hit the 100 subscriber mark which, when I started, seemed a million years away.

It's also shown me I really, really enjoy video editing. To the point that at 36 years old I'm contemplating attempting a career change.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I started a YouTube channel in September last year. I'd wanted to before but I never felt like I had the time and finding the time to get it started is one of the only positive things to have come out of this pandemic, personally speaking.

It's just me playing video games and chatting shit but I enjoy it, it's allowing me to flex my long dormant creative muscles a bit and a few weeks ago I hit the 100 subscriber mark which, when I started, seemed a million years away.

It's also shown me I really, really enjoy video editing. To the point that at 36 years old I'm contemplating attempting a career change.

[TWEET]1424810964139008014[/TWEET]

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Wish I'd moved to Australia about 25 years ago.
Wish I'd kept my 1983 Porsche 911 SC.
Wish I'd kept my MK1 Toyota MR2.
Wish I'd kept myself fit.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

Come on you know how this works. You tell us the Youtube channel, we all sign up and you get some wedge from youtube…simples

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here