Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Men Who Sell Football

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'd be well up for a 3hr 'extended cut', remarkable scenes.

It was amazing seeing it all and hearing the recordings. They went soft on some of the ‘actors’ as there was one or two people who warranted more attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Is it the follow up to:

images.jpeg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It was amazing seeing it all and hearing the recordings. They went soft on some of the ‘actors’ as there was one or two people who warranted more attention.

That ex copper is in a bit of a pickle.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
is there any substantive evidence to the claim football is used to launder money? i'd have thought there are far better, more efficient and low profile ways and means.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
is there any substantive evidence to the claim football is used to launder money? i'd have thought there are far better, more efficient and low profile ways and means.

At source yes.

Equally a vehicle to circumnavigate financial sanctions based on sponsorship and commercial deals / partnerships

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Great work that.

It reveals so much - and so much more than just the problems with football ownership. The super-rich can operate outside the rules that apply to the rest of us, and there's a whole industry set up to help them do it. Anyone who still thinks corruption is a problem over 'there', in other countries, needs to give their head a wobble.

Stinks.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

It's known but not always so easy to prove. A while back, a criminal barrister I know who had worked for the FA named two clubs to me that he said were definitely money-laundering operations and were being offered for sale as such. As it happened, they later met in an FA Cup final under their new owners. One is mentioned in this documentary, the other went bust and is now in League One. I suspect that one of the other clubs featured in passing has become a similar type of concern, because its finances make no sense on any other level.

The fact that the Premier League gives its clubs £100m each per year makes football at that level potentially quite an efficient way to launder money.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Interesting watch. Difficult to know if the people in it are Walter Mitty types or genuinely involved. It also shows how hard it is for football authorities to regulate ownership when the ownership can legally be hidden.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Interesting watch. Difficult to know if the people in it are Walter Mitty types or genuinely involved. It also shows how hard it is for football authorities to regulate ownership when the ownership can legally be hidden.

Football authorities are choosing not to regulate ownership. It's not that hard, just don't accept any ownership that is not completely open and transparent. But instead they choose to accept money and look the other way. Not hard to guess the motivation. It's the same motivation driving large parts of finance, politics, and the property market. If you really love money enough, you won't care where it comes from.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

In the seedy world of the moneymen with certain people going missing, does the exposing of these details put you at risk?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Craig Kline went on bit of a rampage on Twitter a few names, naming some clubs for money laundering. He was director of football at a Premier League & Championship club for a while. Unfortunately he started to name bods within the FA and got done with a big lawsuit + settlement and moved onto covid conspiracies now.

I'd be absolutely surprised if it doesn't take place. Many signings make no sense especially with the money involved

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm halfway through the video and it is a riveting watch. It shows that the 'fit and proper' test is non-existant while Financial Fair Play is a sham.

The presenters on Sky Sports Transfer Centre were explaining PSG's ability to acquire Messi and line him up alongside Neymar and Mbappe was based on the fact no entity has the financial might or legal resources to take on the state of Qatar to prove they are trashing the rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here