Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter Interview on Sky

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Does that read as no one’s incoming anytime soon? I think it might do.

Ha!

Actually He doesn’t reference incoming transfers at all apart from saying...
“We need to use the [White] money to develop the team further”

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
“ We have to be creative with our solutions, look internally to what we have and try to find a different type of solution‘

Would suggest not much incoming

He often says this about what’s he trying to achieve as a coach. And that’s what frustrates some who think Brighton should spend more ££ on incoming instead of making do.

Nonetheless he paradoxically also seems to sign an awful lot of new players every window - which presumably he’s asked for. (Last summer he said all this yet at same time he /Ashworth signed Veltman, Lallana, Moder, Welbeck, Karbownik, Zeqiri and Khadra)

And sources close to the club knock back dozens of silly rumours almost daily yet nonetheless keep telling trusted journalists they’re interested in various strikers, wingers and full backs. Of course they are...we know the gaps and so does Potter, Ashworth and Bloom.

But you’re not going to find many clues in interviews like this....

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Does that read as no one’s incoming anytime soon? I think it might do.

I think it reads that we can’t go out and buy another Ben White. However earlier it clearly states the money from the White sale is essential to the club’s progress. So I guess it depends on how you want to read it.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
“ We have to be creative with our solutions, look internally to what we have and try to find a different type of solution‘

Would suggest not much incoming

Isn’t that a specific comment regarding replacing Ben White and his role rather than the squad as a whole?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here