RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Fair few U23s and U18s on the bench this season

[tweet]1424733128967479301[/tweet]

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Still be a few managers complaining that Serie A allow 12 substitutes and the PL should allow the same.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dont like it, think it should be a bit special to be part of a match squad. The idea is that if you have more players on the bench, clubs will play more youngsters if a game is dead. Thats why they increased it to 12 subs on the bench in Italy & Holland... but as a spectator I want to be able to contemplate about what subs could be done rather than trying to remember all the heaps of players.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
How long before they have a “non playing MOTM award”?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Not keen. Can only benefit the more wealthy teams with deeper squads.

Yes, the poorer clubs will be at a big disadvantage - but the Premier League don’t give a s**t about them. Let’s keep the rich clubs rich and the poorer clubs clinging on at the bottom.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Bah! When I first went to the Goldstone they had one player who was the sub. If you had used him and someone got injured. .. tough luck.
It was fun if the goalie had to go off. One of the outfield players had to do his best in goal.!
They don't know they're born these days.....

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not much benefit if you can only bring on three of them anyway.

Agreed. I found this really odd last season when they voted for this but not for five subs being allowed on. It seemed a very odd middle ground which doesn't really benefit anyone.

For me you should either have seven subs and you can bring on three or nine and you can use five of them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here