Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can Chris Wood play against us on Saturday?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can we clear this up once and for all?

It seems the guy was playing in a friendly yesterday and is fit and ready. However there is a rumour that players can't play for 3 weeks after a major tournament in their home league (which sounds like nonsense tbh)

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can we clear this up once and for all?

It seems the guy was playing in a friendly yesterday and is fit and ready. However there is a rumour that players can't play for 3 weeks after a major tournament in their home league (which sounds like nonsense tbh)

I think that he can’t play for 3 weeks in official games (same as MacAllister), based on radio commentary though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When did he (they) come home?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Has anyone got any sort of knowledge that this is the case? I've only read about it on here, it was mentioned in commentary last night, but they sounded anything but sure and again, could have just come from NSC, although it does seem to be regarded as fact, so someone must have seen it somewhere official.

If it is true, i'm surprised clubs are allowing players to go if it's going to impact the start of their season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oh for Pete's sake. Nobody else got the wit or wisdom to head over to the Burnley local paper? :dunce:

Chris Wood WON'T be available

Screenshot_20210808-092827.png

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I can’t find anything about the 3 week rule other than what Naylor tweeted so I reckon he’ll be free to play unfortunately.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd read that there was a 3 week ban for players at the Olympics a month or so back. As unusual I didn't bother to note the link to the info.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
All news to me. Despite using variations of search keywords, I've found nothing which suggests an official ban of three weeks for those players who went to the Olympics. If anyone has a link? Is it a FIFA ruling or just a Premier League 'thing'? Max Kruse who went to the Olympics with Germany, played in the first round of the German Cup for his team yesterday. Germany were dumped out the football early doors but that was well less than three weeks ago.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Got to be nonsense, next year I think they are scheduling PL games one week after the WC final, don't see all those players missing 2/3 weeks of the following PL programme.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Got to be nonsense, next year I think they are scheduling PL games one week after the WC final, don't see all those players missing 2/3 weeks of the following PL programme.
Maybe players are entitled to it but don't have to take it. Proper professionals will want to play.

Richarlson on the other hand .....

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
There is a covid proctol in place for PL games re a 3 week period after Olympic participation but doesn’t apply to friendly games for some reason. So no MCAllistair against Burnley and no Wood against Brighton . I’m sure I read this a while back - unless this has changed !

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here