Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sanchez
Veltman Duffy Dunk Webster
Gross Mwepu Biss Moder
Maupay Andone

March, Connolly and Lallana to all feature as subs

4 yellows and 1 red

Have I mised the start of a competition?

Rules?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sanchez
Veltman Dunk Webster
Gross Mwepu Biss March
Maupay Lallana Andone

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Sanchez
Veltman Duffy Dunk Webster
Gross Mwepu Biss Moder
Maupay Andone

March, Connolly and Lallana to all feature as subs

4 yellows and 1 red

Webster at left back?!?!? :eek: Proper Potter move, kudos!

I’d go with

Sanchez
Veltman - Webster - Dunk - March
Bissouma
Mwepu - Moder
Lallana
Maupay - Trossard​

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sanchez
Webster - Duffy* - Dunk
Veltman - Mwepu - Bissouma - March
Mac Allister**
Maupay - Connolly***​

* Only for Burnley away, then sell or loan.
** Can bring on Lallana later if necessary, but fancy younger legs against Burnley.
*** Or Andone.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”Sanchez;
Veltman - Webster - Dunk - March;
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”Bissouma;
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”Mwepu - Lallana;
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-Trossard;
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”Maupay - Connolly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Unfortunately I think it will take a handful of games to get a "normal" starting eleven. Its DAs fault, according to himself: if there's too many players in the squad, its his fault. Currently there is and its a problem.

Ahead of the 3-3 Wolves game, GP said "we're going to take what we learnt and use it". If the PL started that day, Brighton would have ended on 10th place.

Unfortunately right now the situation is complicated once again. There are too many players and it will take some time to get some structure to it. Wise decisions have been made in most cases, but perhaps too many decisions - the squad does not look healthy, its worryingly big and it makes it difficult to recruit where you might need to (not going to say the S word...)

The suboptimal squad outlook makes me think we'll see a lot of experimenting for 2-3 months; dangerous, but necessary. Hopefully a decent number of points will be picked up anyway, because the schedule looks alright.

I think we'll see this: Sanchez - March, Webster, Duffy, Dunk, Veltman - Bissouma, Mwepu, Lallana - Trossard, Maupay

Nothing would surprise me though.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Unfortunately I think it will take a handful of games to get a "normal" starting eleven. Its DAs fault, according to himself: if there's too many players in the squad, its his fault. Currently there is and its a problem.

Ahead of the 3-3 Wolves game, GP said "we're going to take what we learnt and use it". If the PL started that day, Brighton would have ended on 10th place.

Unfortunately right now the situation is complicated once again. There are too many players and it will take some time to get some structure to it. Wise decisions have been made in most cases, but perhaps too many decisions - the squad does not look healthy, its worryingly big and it makes it difficult to recruit where you might need to (not going to say the S word...)

The suboptimal squad outlook makes me think we'll see a lot of experimenting for 2-3 months; dangerous, but necessary. Hopefully a decent number of points will be picked up anyway, because the schedule looks alright.

I think we'll see this: Sanchez - March, Webster, Duffy, Dunk, Veltman - Bissouma, Mwepu, Lallana - Trossard, Maupay

Nothing would surprise me though.

We simply aren’t good enough to have an experimental 2-3 months, if we dick around using wonky formations and playing players out of position we are asking for trouble. Regarding the schedule β€œlooking alright” , who are you seeing as the teams we could take points from, hopefully none of our relegation rivals as we know we always struggle against them? Sure, we play better against the big teams but I can’t see us holding our own with a squad already hit hard with injuries and missing a mainstay from last season’s defence altogether. We know the squad was too big, that’s why they’ve been offloading players, but at some point reinforcements will be needed, and if recruitment was that tough right now surely we wouldn’t have added a player to our already oversubscribed midfield? We need a left back, a right back and ideally a striker, unless we recruit in those positions this squad is going to be stretched and will likely struggle, again.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” Sanchez β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
β€”β€”β€”- Webster β€” Dunk β€”- Duffy β€”β€”β€”
Veltman β€” Biss β€” Lallana β€” Mwepu β€” March
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” Trossard β€”- Maupay β€”β€”-

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
-----------------Sanchez
----- Veltman Dunk Webster
---Alzate--- Bissouma --March
-----------Mwepu---Lallana---
---------Maupay------Trossard

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
β€”β€”-β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”Sanchezβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-Ostigard β€”β€”-Dunkβ€”β€”β€”-Websterβ€”β€”β€”β€”-
β€”β€”Veltmanβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”March
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-Mwepuβ€”β€”β€”β€”Bissoumaβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”Lallanaβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-β€”Trossardβ€”β€”β€”-
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-Maupayβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-Sanchezβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Veltman β€”β€”Websterβ€”β€”β€”Dunkβ€”β€”March

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-mwepuβ€”β€”β€”β€”bissoumaβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

GroΓŸβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”Lallanaβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”Trossard

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-Maupayβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
β€”β€”-β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”Sanchezβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-Ostigard β€”β€”-Dunkβ€”β€”β€”-Websterβ€”β€”β€”β€”-
β€”β€”Veltmanβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”March
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-Mwepuβ€”β€”β€”β€”Bissoumaβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”Lallanaβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-β€”Trossardβ€”β€”β€”-
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-Maupayβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Sadly, based on pre-season selections, Ostigard seems not to have made sufficient impression to earn a chance ahead of Duffy. I think Veltman is the most likely third centre back (although I prefer him at wing back where he can contribute more going forward) with probably Gross (with Alzate backing up from the bench) to fill in as right wingback

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sadly, based on pre-season selections, Ostigard seems not to have made sufficient impression to earn a chance ahead of Duffy. I think Veltman is the most likely third centre back (although I prefer him at wing back where he can contribute more going forward) with probably Gross (with Alzate backing up from the bench) to fill in as right wingback

I suspect you’re right, my selection was based more on what I’d like to see rather than what Potter will pick out of the hat. White to Duffy, that’s quite the downgrade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here