Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop this nonsense of Covid passports, ID and masks

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Because you can still catch Covid and pass it on to others that have not yet been vaccinated. This is known as being an asymptomatic carrier.

Pease explain which part of that you are having difficulty in understanding.

The only one who has misunderstood is you, Unc. I suspect you didn't read the other post I was alluding to.

I want him to explain why he doesn't have a Covid pass if he's vaccinated. Simple as. There are dozens of other threads covering vaccine efficacy.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
They are very divisive. What gets me is that we're being asked by complete strangers to reveal part of our medical status. Why not include proof you've had the flu jab - after all flu kills 25000 in the UK each year. Only this week my employer sent round a survey asking if people had been jabbed - last option was 'rather not say'. I picked that one. Why ? Because my medical status is none of their fvcking business.

It’s not really that personal. Do you keep it to yourself when you get a filling at the dentist? You’re not disclosing anything dramatic.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
They are very divisive. What gets me is that we're being asked by complete strangers to reveal part of our medical status. Why not include proof you've had the flu jab - after all flu kills 25000 in the UK each year. Only this week my employer sent round a survey asking if people had been jabbed - last option was 'rather not say'. I picked that one. Why ? Because my medical status is none of their fvcking business.

What do you say when you have to phone in sick?

"Hi boss, yeah, it's me, WS. I'm afraid I won't be in today because.....well....y'know...."
"I don't really, could you be a bit more specific"
"No, I'd rather not say, I just WON'T be, OK?"

*slams down phone*

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I just want to watch my local football team.

If it's ok to go to packed indoor gigs, night clubs, theatre, cinema, public transport, Reading festival, Burnley away, holiday to Ibiza why can't we get into the Amex.

Barber has got this wrong, but I'll leave you with some of his wisdom, not mad at all;

Since when can you go on holiday to Ibiza without any checks ?

Also from next month don’t you have to show your Covid pass to get into nightclubs?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Worst excuse for not following “your” team ever. Took an extra 5 seconds to get in to ground and most people weren’t wearing masks. Lazy rubbish supporter.

feisty-the-inbetweeners.gif

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Having had horrendous experiences with Covid I am VERY glad that the club are doing all they can to keep people safe.
I personally wouldn't be going if Covid passports/tests etc weren't in place and I know others that feel the same.
Yesterday was the first time in months that I have been within 2 metres of someone for more than a couple of minutes. I still had stress related issues but suspect these would have been far worse if I thought the people around me were untested/unvaccinated.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The entitlement of people who wish to benefit from the things society has to offer (such as going to a football match) but who refuse to participate in activities for the benefit of that society (such as getting vaccinated, downloading a thing onto your phone and showing it to someone) is staggering.

Just be glad you can watch your club at all.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What do you say when you have to phone in sick?

"Hi boss, yeah, it's me, WS. I'm afraid I won't be in today because.....well....y'know...."
"I don't really, could you be a bit more specific"
"No, I'd rather not say, I just WON'T be, OK?"

*slams down phone*

Whether I've had covid jabs makes no difference to if can do my job .... or not. Being ill does and so of.course I would have to tell my employer about being ill. The problem here is we've added jab shaming to mask shaming ...... very slippery slope.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Having had horrendous experiences with Covid I am VERY glad that the club are doing all they can to keep people safe.
I personally wouldn't be going if Covid passports/tests etc weren't in place and I know others that feel the same.
Yesterday was the first time in months that I have been within 2 metres of someone for more than a couple of minutes. I still had stress related issues but suspect these would have been far worse if I thought the people around me were untested/unvaccinated.

Suspect those moaning about this have not been impacted by Covid personally. If they had been ill themselves or had loved ones who have been unwell or die too soon they would feel differently.

It’s not hard to imagine how bad it’s been for some people so a little bit of decency isn’t too much to ask for.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Actually, us Brits recently voted for a Government which is gradually reducing our freedoms and giving the police MORE power. We voted in 2016 to get rid of our rights to live, work and travel in 30 countries in Europe. No one seems to be taking much notice of the Policing Bill which is currently going through parliament.

Contrary to your view, it seems that the majority of people are, in fact, quite happy to have less freedom and to increase the power of the police.

You’re going down the same rabbit hole as the bloke you are quoting. I would suggest that it is not helpful for the liberal left to feed the conspiracy theories of the libertarian right.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

I had long Covid in 2020. I have been going back to the office sporadically since April when my first jab kicked in and it's a small one with minimal social distancing that needs a tube ride to get to. Therefore I didn't feel too bad yesterday. However, I would say that if you are Covid nervous then don't travel by train. No one on any train I went on had a mask on so I didn't bother either - it would have been pointless. That contrasted with being in the ground where I didn't care about being sat among maskless strangers at close proximity because, as you say, the club has given an extra layer of protection to its fans with the passport requirement. While many on the train were also going to/from the game that certainly wasn't true of the big parties of mask free young people on the Coastway West back home last night.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Whether I've had covid jabs makes no difference to if can do my job .... or not. Being ill does and so of.course I would have to tell my employer about being ill. The problem here is we've added jab shaming to mask shaming ...... very slippery slope.

Yes, it does. Having the jabs reduces the risk that you will suffer from serious illness or transmit it in to your workplace. If you were to think of it from your employer’s point of view you would realise that they have responsibility for their entire workforce. They also want to know the Covid risks to their business should infections escalate. This will come under disaster risk management ie they need to make plans for worst case scenario.If you present a greater risk to their workforce (and therefore their business) than your colleagues then you will understand the reason they need to know.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I had long Covid in 2020. I have been going back to the office sporadically since April when my first jab kicked in and it's a small one with minimal social distancing that needs a tube ride to get to. Therefore I didn't feel too bad yesterday. However, I would say that if you are Covid nervous then don't travel by train. No one on any train I went on had a mask on so I didn't bother either - it would have been pointless. That contrasted with being in the ground where I didn't care about being sat among maskless strangers at close proximity because, as you say, the club has given an extra layer of protection to its fans with the passport requirement. While many on the train were also going to/from the game that certainly wasn't true of the big parties of mask free young people on the Coastway West back home last night.

There is no way I could do public transport without having a major panic attack.
I drive down so that is ok.
Leicester is a problem as I cannot get parking but I'll sort something.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Over the past month I’ve been to the hairdressers, Beautyworks, dentist and hygienist, every time I’ve I’ve had to fill in a health questionnaire 24 hours before my appointment. It takes a darn sight longer, filling in the form than flashing my phone and ID at the Amex.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes, it does. Having the jabs reduces the risk that you will suffer from serious illness or transmit it in to your workplace. If you were to think of it from your employer’s point of view you would realise that they have responsibility for their entire workforce. They also want to know the Covid risks to their business should infections escalate. This will come under disaster risk management ie they need to make plans for worst case scenario.If you present a greater risk to their workforce (and therefore their business) than your colleagues then you will understand the reason they need to know.

I have a WFH contract .... as do 90% of the company.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
You either want to get back to some form of normality or you don’t. If you do you then you follow the advice and rules in the wake of the biggest pandemic in centuries.

If you don’t want that then at least keep quiet and let the rest of us enjoy ‘normality’ that we’ve been craving for so long.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

So you'd happily tell them you were unable to work due to being ill with Covid but not that you'd taken a step to lessen the possibility and severity of that occurring in the first place?

Bizarre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here