Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop this nonsense of Covid passports, ID and masks

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I have no problem following any regulations put in place by any establishment I visit. Their place, their rules, if I don’t agree with them, I won’t go rather than expect them to pander to my thoughts on it :shrug:

I agree

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
If you don’t like it … then just don’t go.

Plenty of things in life I don’t agree with, but just have to get on with it.

The club have made the decision to go in this route, to protect their staff as much as they can and to protect fans.

If you’d rather use it as a club to hit them with and make a broader statement about your opinion on vaccination passports and mask wearing then go ahead.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
If you don’t like it … then just don’t go.

Plenty of things in life I don’t agree with, but just have to get on with it.

The club have made the decision to go in this route, to protect their staff as much as they can and to protect fans.

If you’d rather use it as a club to hit them with and make a broader statement about your opinion on vaccination passports and mask wearing then go ahead.

I don’t think having a debate on NSC about COVID passports is hitting the club.

I brought it up last night as a result of a few people saying the friendly was poorly attended and I suggested this was one of the reasons.

Last night after several beers whilst watching the rugby this seemed very important, funnily enough on a bright sunny Sunday morning not so much

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
There are many people from every political persuasion that are against Covid passports.
I suggest if you are interested read up on the subject and listen to a variety of views.

I don't think I'm clever enough to articulate properly and I don't fancy arguing on a Sunday mornng

I have and frankly have got more important things to worry about that what some self serving politician thinks of what to most of us is straight forward.

Fair enough you don’t want to debate it I suppose but I just wanted to understand your rationale which right now comes across as quite faux outrage otherwise.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Haven't the clubs security checks just confirmed no one has covid within the stadium??? If it hasn’t then what’s the friggin point ?

No, the security checks will not confirm anything of the sort. What they will do is help reduce the spread. That doesn’t mean that everyone is 100 % safe, just SAFER. The club do their bit and we do our bit.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I brought it up last night as a result of a few people saying the friendly was poorly attended and I suggested this was one of the reasons.

Last night after several beers whilst watching the rugby this seemed very important, funnily enough on a bright sunny Sunday morning not so much

This has been debated on a lot of threads. Both sides are very familiar with each other’s views. I think the majority just want to get on with the new season now and are pleased that football will have safeguards in place to reduce the risk posed by the selfish.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Some saying it worked well tonight but not sure I agree, especially when multiplied by 5! Lots of people faffing with phones/not knowing when we needed to show ticket/Covid/ID etc. If lots get to the first home matches 2.30-3 I can see a lot outside at kick off.

Isn’t that the very reason it was introduced at the friendly ? People need to get used to new routines and will adapt at different speeds. Give it some time.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I’m on day 9 of isolation, after getting a positive lateral flow test, but no symptoms. I live alone, it’s been the most boring 9 days of my life, only the Olympics have kept me sane!
There’s no way that I want to go to the Amex and sit with unvaccinated people and risk being positive again.
I’ve got a holiday abroad in six weeks and I’ve put my ST on the ticket exchange until I get back.

I was meant to go on a UK cruise yesterday, I had to cancel, my case was already packed.
It’s pathetic all these people moaning…..it takes seconds to produce ID, COVID passport and ticket….

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Went through this at game yesterday was really simple had phone with NHS pass displayed and driving license 2 second check to see names matched. Walked another couple of steps switched to season pass on phone and scanned through turnstiles

Inside concourse and stadium mask wearing compliance was hit and miss and there were no social distancing controls in the toilets.

Overall really not much different to a normal match day many of the doom and gloom merchants on here will be a bit disappointed if they go to Watford

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Vaccine passports are divisive. I get it you are in favour and that's fine.

Have a look at the protests across the continent and many people aren't ok with it.

It's not about 3 seconds

They are very divisive. What gets me is that we're being asked by complete strangers to reveal part of our medical status. Why not include proof you've had the flu jab - after all flu kills 25000 in the UK each year. Only this week my employer sent round a survey asking if people had been jabbed - last option was 'rather not say'. I picked that one. Why ? Because my medical status is none of their fvcking business.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Isn’t that the very reason it was introduced at the friendly ? People need to get used to new routines and will adapt at different speeds. Give it some time.

Exactly…perfect opportunity to iron out any wrinkles and get people familiar with it whilst with smaller numbers. Sensible move by the club. Aside from a few people who clearly hadn’t read the requirements reaching the ID/Covid checks without being ready, it was pretty seamless and no hassle at all. Mask ‘compliance’ was pretty low overall, but not much different to what we’re now seeing in shops etc. People are gradually giving up on it - personally not overly bothered, particularly in a high-ceilinged, well ventilated concourse and an outside ground - the main issue for anyone concerned (and most likely site of any virus contagion) will surely be the trains.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What really is the problem with proving you have been vacinated by showing a print out or your NHS app and showing your ID to prove its you? I have no problem with it at all.

Because it's like living in a police state. Us Brits value our freedom and we've had much of it stolen for the past eighteen months. Enough is enough.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Went through this at game yesterday was really simple had phone with NHS pass displayed and driving license 2 second check to see names matched. Walked another couple of steps switched to season pass on phone and scanned through turnstiles

Inside concourse and stadium mask wearing compliance was hit and miss and there were no social distancing controls in the toilets.

Overall really not much different to a normal match day many of the doom and gloom merchants on here will be a bit disappointed if they go to Watford

Totally agree. Same as me. Hardly a hassle to get in last night.........some people need to chill out, moaning about this and moaning about that. If that's what needs to happen to watch a game LIVE that's what I'll do. 18 months I haven't been to the Amex, way too long. Good to be back

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Because it's like living in a police state. Us Brits value our freedom and we've had much of it stolen for the past eighteen months. Enough is enough.

Get a grip pal.

If you don't like the arrangements, don't bother going. You'll be the one who loses out watching live football.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

……but we’re not actually out of the woods yet regarding Covid……….we’ve got much of our freedom back, and for now I’m grateful for that after a shit year and a half. A bit of ongoing inconvenience I can live with if it helps clear the path to full freedom. I’d rather testing requirements for travel were dispensed with than Covid passports but kind of understand why we have both for now.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Actually, us Brits recently voted for a Government which is gradually reducing our freedoms and giving the police MORE power. We voted in 2016 to get rid of our rights to live, work and travel in 30 countries in Europe. No one seems to be taking much notice of the Policing Bill which is currently going through parliament.

Contrary to your view, it seems that the majority of people are, in fact, quite happy to have less freedom and to increase the power of the police.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Fair enough

However using the phrase “Barber you’ve got it wrong” does tend to suggest that the club is your target.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Some saying it worked well tonight but not sure I agree, especially when multiplied by 5! Lots of people faffing with phones/not knowing when we needed to show ticket/Covid/ID etc. If lots get to the first home matches 2.30-3 I can see a lot outside at kick off.

It will only be a palaver for the first home match, after that we will all know what is expected and be prepared for subsequent games.

And if my missing 5 minutes of a football match has the potential to save a life, I'll take it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here