Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop this nonsense of Covid passports, ID and masks

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Some saying it worked well tonight but not sure I agree, especially when multiplied by 5! Lots of people faffing with phones/not knowing when we needed to show ticket/Covid/ID etc. If lots get to the first home matches 2.30-3 I can see a lot outside at kick off.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I see which media you are reading. Go to one of those protests and then tell me about the people you meet
Vaccine passports will be a legal requirement in October. The club are simply anticipating what is required and offering the LFT as an alternative. I think you claims earlier that we had all been vaccinated which is absolutely not the case.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Additional checks were not a problem and happy with them going forward. Funny that the car park steward wanted me to break the law by showing my car parking ticket on my mobile while being in control of a vehicle (fortunately I printed out a copy). However in the area I was in saw little evidence of people wearing masks on the concourse

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Vaccine passports are divisive.

Exactly the same as a Conservative Government, which won an election with a healthy majority

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Some saying it worked well tonight but not sure I agree, especially when multiplied by 5! Lots of people faffing with phones/not knowing when we needed to show ticket/Covid/ID etc. If lots get to the first home matches 2.30-3 I can see a lot outside at kick off.

Seeing as first KO is 17:30 they will be bored shitless awaiting turnstiles to open.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I see which media you are reading. Go to one of those protests and then tell me about the people you meet

Do you think COVID is a hoax?

Do you not know anyone who have suffered from it i.e. hospitalisation and ventilation?

You say speak to the people on the marches , how about speaking to the front line doctors and nurses who work in COVID wards or intensive care?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
waf55xxjuk251.jpg

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
The only thing that really got to me was the amount of people not wearing masks on the concourse, when moving around the stadium, on the station platforms, and in the trains. That's a good way to start if we want to stop crowds being allowed at football matches.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I just want to watch my local football team.

If it's ok to go to packed indoor gigs, night clubs, theatre, cinema, public transport, Reading festival, Burnley away, holiday to Ibiza why can't we get into the Amex.

Barber has got this wrong, but I'll leave you with some of his wisdom, not mad at all;

Once inside the Amex

We advise to take care when passing others in seating areas, turn your back when you pass fellow supporters and avoid passing face-to-face.

Supporters are strongly advised to avoid hugs, handshakes and high fives, and ensure regular hand sanitisation.

Support your local team, hopefully it's a non league one. If you don't want to comply then don't. Means you won't be at the Amex and you probably won't be missed!

Seagulls1974

Banned
Jul 15, 2021

If it's ok to go to packed indoor gigs, night clubs, theatre, cinema, public transport, Reading festival, Burnley away, holiday to Ibiza why can't we get into the Amex.

Barber has got this wrong, but I'll leave you with some of his wisdom, not mad at all;

Once inside the Amex

We advise to take care when passing others in seating areas, turn your back when you pass fellow supporters and avoid passing face-to-face.

Supporters are strongly advised to avoid hugs, handshakes and high fives, and ensure regular hand sanitisation.

Worst excuse for not following “your” team ever. Took an extra 5 seconds to get in to ground and most people weren’t wearing masks. Lazy rubbish supporter.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Been at Trent Bridge for the last two days. No checks, personal choice on masks, everyone was happy, no hassle or aggro.

And of course you know just by looking at them who's been vaccinated or who's actually carry delta. I bet any event where the virus was spread, people had no checks, no mask and were happy, eg Cheltenham and Liverpool. Except it then went tits up!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Once inside the Amex

You seem to have ignored my post on the other thread.

If you're vaccinated then why is this an issue?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Are we the only club in the UK doing this experiment, most premier league clubs are trying it out on just one pre season friendly, and have no intention of extending it to an actual Premier league game!

Calling [MENTION=34942]Dr. No[/MENTION]

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Do you think COVID is a hoax?

Do you not know anyone who have suffered from it i.e. hospitalisation and ventilation?

You say speak to the people on the marches , how about speaking to the front line doctors and nurses who work in COVID wards or intensive care?

No I don' think it's a hoax.

I know a doctor who works in South London and told me about how horrendous it was in January.
My niece is an intensive care nurse at UCH in London.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
No I don' think it's a hoax.

I know a doctor who works in South London and told me about how horrendous it was in January.
My niece is an intensive care nurse at UCH in London.

So please enlighten everyone about why exactly you don’t feel it appropriate to do this very simple thing to enable you to go and do something you enjoy?

And no I won’t accept the following reasons because they’re just selfish and ignorant:

Other clubs aren’t doing it
Other places aren’t doing it
People are protesting about their rights to not to have to prove they’ve been vaccinated

If you’ve been double jabbed and you don’t believe it’s a hoax why is this all so much trouble?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You seem to have ignored my post on the other thread.

If you're vaccinated then why is this an issue?

Because you can still catch Covid and pass it on to others that have not yet been vaccinated. This is known as being an asymptomatic carrier.

Pease explain which part of that you are having difficulty in understanding.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no problem following any regulations put in place by any establishment I visit. Their place, their rules, if I don’t agree with them, I won’t go rather than expect them to pander to my thoughts on it :shrug:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
So please enlighten everyone about why exactly you don’t feel it appropriate to do this very simple thing to enable you to go and do something you enjoy?

And no I won’t accept the following reasons because they’re just selfish and ignorant:

Other clubs aren’t doing it
Other places aren’t doing it
People are protesting about their rights to not to have to prove they’ve been vaccinated

If you’ve been double jabbed and you don’t believe it’s a hoax why is this all so much trouble?

There are many people from every political persuasion that are against Covid passports.
I suggest if you are interested read up on the subject and listen to a variety of views.

I don't think I'm clever enough to articulate properly and I don't fancy arguing on a Sunday mornng

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here